My name's not Ivy but...

IVIYTH0S

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, its unfortunate.  the news here is 1-4 days behind every other site.  the forums rarely have anything but advertisements/spam/bs from brand new members.  but at least there's a review worth reading once in awhile

It's a shame, I barely am even on my main PC anymore. The wife has made me largely a console gamer these days unfortunately :-/. I did recently help a friend shop for a new PC and it's crazy how much had changed and AMD being top dog in the desktop PC market. Would have never believed it back in my 2600K days. 

6 hours ago, Fight Game said:

ya, its unfortunate.  the news here is 1-4 days behind every other site.  the forums rarely have anything but advertisements/spam/bs from brand new members.  but at least there's a review worth reading once in awhile

Yeah the forums arent what they use to be :(

I wish I knew what would bring people back.

All reviews are done on our free time. We all have day jobs so turn around time isnt as good as sites who have full-time staff.

what i missed the boards going on fire. so active what everything goes under the sun.

and yeah i had my i7 920 rig put to rest, finally. switched to amd this time since november 2019. i have the b540+3700X+5700+16GB 3200Mhz Gskill neo that made me even more happy since my old built. will post pictures soon.

stay safe everyone and hope to see you in the forums soon!

Edited by sword_fish
typo

I understand ircow.  Wasn't a jab in any way, and I think you know that but wanted to be clear.  It is what it is.  I still visit every day though, and enjoy the reviews.  At least it seems that the reviewers here arent biased in any way like several other sites.  The recent review on memory scaling for ryzen was right on time for me!

Edited by Fight Game

@Fight Game I take no offense and I also agree that the reviews are fairly neutral. There have been times when I read reviews on another site and it was clear that person either didn't physical review the item or is bias for whatever reason.

I was just pointing out to everyone why new products aren't reviewed as often. Some reviews take 20+ hours to complete. So it actually means a lot to me when people jump on the forums and talk shop. 

Computer tech has slowed down so much. It use to be every 3-5 months a new CPU or video card came out. Now its like 2+ years.

Yeah, I've always loved how genuine this place's reviews and forums always were. It's crazy to think I haven't even really been on in like 4 years here and then a while before that. :-/

Welcome back Ivy!

17 hours ago, ir_cow said:

@Fight Game I take no offense and I also agree that the reviews are fairly neutral. There have been times when I read reviews on another site and it was clear that person either didn't physical review the item or is bias for whatever reason.

I was just pointing out to everyone why new products aren't reviewed as often. Some reviews take 20+ hours to complete. So it actually means a lot to me when people jump on the forums and talk shop. 

Computer tech has slowed down so much. It use to be every 3-5 months a new CPU or video card came out. Now its like 2+ years.

Can I take offense at the comment about the news?:lol: Yeah, it's slower than it has been for reasons, including being busy with other projects. That's part of the reason I've been doing the Friday collections for game news; so the stuff I miss earlier in the week can still be covered. Hardware news also seems less frequent than it used to be right now, which could be a combination of release cycle timing and the postponement and cancellations of various shows.

1 hour ago, Guest_Jim_* said:

Welcome back Ivy!

Can I take offense at the comment about the news?:lol: Yeah, it's slower than it has been for reasons, including being busy with other projects. That's part of the reason I've been doing the Friday collections for game news; so the stuff I miss earlier in the week can still be covered. Hardware news also seems less frequent than it used to be right now, which could be a combination of release cycle timing and the postponement and cancellations of various shows.

Thanks and you tell him! haha