Folding@Home - COVID-19

ir_cow

Hey people,

Even though some of worlds Supercomputers are working on COVID-19, Folding@Home and launch its own projects. https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/10/covid19-update/

Folding@Home Download Link: https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

Time to start folding again. Make sure to be working on the following projects. This will help researchers better understand the Virus.

11741: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2. atoms: 165550, credit: 15396

11742: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease in complex with an inhibitor. atoms: 62227, credit: 9405

11743: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease – potential drug target. atoms: 62180, credit: 9405

11744: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 109578, credit: 7608

11745: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain mutated to the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 110370, credit: 7685

11746: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2 (alternative structure to 11741). atoms: 182699, credit: 16615

Update 3/16/20 : New Projects

How to Setup Folding@Home:

Edit: Folding@Home Servers are overloaded currently. If you are not getting new Work Units, this might be why.

Please post questions ONLY related to Folding, we don't need to spread panic and false information.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the web browser you can set which project to work on. But if you go into the "Advanced Controls" on windows toolbar you can change the settings under Configuration.

Configure > Advanced Tab

However for the CODVID-19, the Folding@Home team said on Twitter that the default "ANY" project setting will prioritize it over anything else. So leaving default configuration will be best for now.

Edit: It sucks you cannot set it only for COVID-19. One of my cards is working on 11763... I guess It all has to get done eventually and only so many WU are available at one time. So instead of being idle, your compute power can be used for other serious projects too. 

4 hours ago, road-runner said:

I dont think the option to select works the scientist set the priority in the actual WUs. I read the other day so many big boys are doing it there servers cant keep up..

This is good news! However I want to help and it takes 20 minutes to get a new WU right now.

5 hours ago, ir_cow said:

This is good news! However I want to help and it takes 20 minutes to get a new WU right now.

They had said some company with cloud gpus was donating run time and I think it was brought the servers to a crawl lol yes its a good thing

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=312692#p312692

Edited by road-runner

7 hours ago, ir_cow said:

New projects added for COVID. No information about them on the folding forums.

Yes there is some info its several pages back as its not a pinned topic, all the new folks post sent it to the back of the line

I did one workload this morning and not a thing since then....

-edit- I restarted F@H and it's working again, not sure what happened.

Edited by slick2500

Its been going in and out all week. every time it failed attempts to talk to the server it, the time doubles. Mine have been saying 14 hours until the next attempt. I just restart the client it resets to zero.