Folding@Home - COVID-19

ir_cow

I'm back in guys. I'm still out there flying the airline routes and it's getting weird, so we need this now more than ever.

Bringing a 3700x stuck at 4.2 all core and a gtx10170 to the party.

says its working project 14304 ? huh. ill eventually get a covid. I wonder if they have covids going to the next highest power user in line. If they can tell tha tis.

Edited by robAP

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think so. Other then having a video card that can be assigned "big WU", its random. Though maybe some turth to that statement. I notices Deadline for many covid projects is 12-24hrs when usually the WU have 3-7 days before it expires.

So its possible only video card that can get it done in time is assigned the work unit. My RTX 2080 Super has about 1 hr turn around.

I really dont know, just guessing.

What equiv cpu would equal the 2080? Always found it odd gpus can crunch better than most cpus

I only have a 1070, which isn't very choice for this.

I'v been running CPU only,.. Rosetta@home since January on W-3175X Workstation,  https://boinc.bakerlab.org/  no profit involved, just helping out.

Seems the Coronavirus spike proteins - like the proteins found in your body - fold up in order to function. https://www.ipd.uw.edu/2020/02/rosettas-role-in-fighting-coronavirus/

Edited by Braegnok

is there a OCC dedicated passkey? I'm running it blank so far and people trying to get one in general are having trouble getting one through the email system they say to use.

Other news from their forums, says they are getting more servers set up with making more projects so we might see some relief in waiting for work units. its been a day now. waiting for a new one.

Edited by robAP

I don't get the whole passkey thing. Its not even tied to your username. I have changed my username a bunch of times and still use the same passkey. It works fine and I get all the "bonus points" that comes with using a passkey

edit: Here is a passkey you can use 45beeee6abe55804d064da197ff3f5f4

ive not yet seen an 11,*** work unit of the covid arena. 13k 14k stuff unrelated instead.

Looking hard at the 2060 as its the most ppd/$ card. Currently with 11070 on my 3700x, and a 1050ti on a x4-965. Wondering what gpu layouts i should do...perhaps moving my 1070 to hte kids 965 and recarding dual 2060's or one with a 2070s. thats $600-800 and the airline world looks weird now. good with pay till end of may at least, but who knows. Smart money is waiting.