Cinebench R20 Released for CPU Benchmarking

Guest_Jim_*

One of the popular tests for comparing CPU performance is Cinebench R15, which challenges CPUs to render a scene and is able to load multiple cores. The company behind it, Maxon, has now released Cinebench R20 (Release 20) that builds on its predecessor by using a larger, more complex scene. It takes about eight times the computational power to render the scene, and about four times the memory. Unfortunately this means results from R15 and R20 cannot be compared, but going forward this will be helpful as some have noticed diminishing returns in R15 on CPUs with very high thread counts.

To get Cinebench R20 you need to visit the Microsoft Store or App Store, depending on if you are running Windows or Mac. It is free on both platforms.

Source: Maxon

Back to original news post

5083 with a stock AMD 1920X (3.5ghz). I sure if I pushed it to 4ghz I could get another 500-800 points.

yeah you better with 12 squirrels under the hood !

7283 on my 1950X (3.8 GHz clock) and 3993on the 2700X test system, which has a -0.0625 V offset (I think, don't remember now) and PBO enabled. Second runs for both.

I actually started the Threadripper going on a second run after starting the 2700X on its first, but the 1950X still finished first. I do so enjoy this thing.

(The 2700X got 4033 on its first run but then 3991 on its third, so it seems the first was an anomaly.)