Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

i ve been scheming on building a AAC .300 blackout on a budget, but havent decided on quality, weight and parts yet,...frankly the truth is i haven't torn down an m16 since my army days, and have lost track of all the many and various vendors making parts these days...there are so many choices anymore that i'm not sure who to go with...any suggestions on the low price/high quality end will be seriously considered,....thanx occ

cjloki

I was thinking about doing the same thing recently.  I went to the gun show in Ontario just about 2 weeks ago and saw a ton of uppers for sale.  I almost grabbed a 9" 300aac upper for $280 (he wanted 380 with bcg and handle).  Really tempting but with the whole "ar pistol" nonsense I didn't do it.  I just want a good little SBR without all the hassle.

I put my ar together about a year ago from separate upper and lower receivers, and added in the bcg and handle.  Palmetto state armory has a great deal on lowers, if they have them in stock.  The complete lower I got there was $219 with the magpul furniture and the bullet button installed.  http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/14407/category/4013/

20150313_202507_zpsraktxhre.jpg

That sounds like a good build! I may just eventually end up with the stock gun again if I change barrel and action lol.

I am pretty much at this point with my 10/22. The only real upgrades left are a barrel and bolt. I could essentially buy a custom receiver at this point and have two different functioning rifles.

That sounds like a good build! I may just eventually end up with the stock gun again if I change barrel and action lol.

I am pretty much at this point with my 10/22. The only real upgrades left are a barrel and bolt. I could essentially buy a custom receiver at this point and have two different functioning rifles.

We could end up selling the stock rifles haha.

I was so tempted to buy a bunch of parts for my 10/22 before I even picked it up. Luckily I came to my senses and decided to not spend twice the cost of the gun on aftermarket stuff before even firing a single shot lol. At this point I might mod the bolt release but honestly I might just leave it stock too. I can drop the bolt no problem. The way some people make it sound you'd think they were trying to solve a Rubiks cube lol

I would keep the stock one, being my first gun I could never get rid of it.

It would be nice to have my modded one and my original. Beat up birch stock and all. It will never be stock again because of the high polish I put on the whole gun. The birch stock could be replaced by a nice walnut if I could find a carbine patterned stock with a pad of some more length.

Coors, a trigger job and a volquartzen extractor are all they seem to need. A poly recoil buffer is a nice option if your running mini mags and other hot ammo. It really quiets them down too. Otherwise I am so used to the ergos for owning it for 15 years changes would just throw me off.

Shoot it first, the newer guns don't seem to need much.

Some of the stock ones have stiff and sometimes strange trigger. My trigger is about 5 pounds. I like it but I am anything but a trigger snob. It breaks clean and that's all I need.

Bah! All this obsession with the 10/22, just get a Marlin Model 60 and shoot a great gun that doesn't need to be modded :P

It's the AR15 of the plinking world for a reason. There are tons of parts and the guns take to modifications very well.

The marlin is great stock, but the 10/22 is no slouch either. Whatever short comings it has are easily made up for by the simplicity of upgrades and the real tangible difference those upgrades make. 

10/22s are probably the most popular rifle in America lol. Mine is perfectly fine stock and so is my dad's. His is probably 30+ years old now.

I only seem to get 3000 or so rounds out of a stock extractor. Only lol

Come to the conclusion as much as I like PSA's pricing their shipping times suck! Just finally got tracking info 9 days after the order was placed! Not for an upper but for basic parts! Should have just spent the few extra bucks at Midway or purchased locally!