Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

New York sucks as just as bad or worse than New Jersey. 

New York City at least.  I have a friend who lives in upstate New York, he doesn't have any complaints about the gun laws.  New York City, however...  Birthplace of the absolutely dumbest mayor I've ever been unfortunate enough to hear speak.  He's not even anti-gun, he's just...  Well, lets just say if he was 9 years old, he'd be in the "special" class.  

But New Jersey is notorious for trying to lock people away in jail just for owning a firearm.  Back in the day I was lead mechanic at an auto shop in Woodbury, NJ.  Me, the manager and a co-worker used to bring our rifle shells in and run em thru a cleaner we kept in the back.  The manager had an ammo press, so between jobs we would sit there and load our .308 and 7.62.  There was a door in the back that we normally kept open because it got hot back there, and one day someone allegedly walked by, saw one of us making ammo, for some reason they actually called the police and, quote, "expressed concern".  A cop came in and questioned us about what was "going on in the back".  We freely told him we were making our ammo, and it just so happened that none of us had our fucking firearm ID cards on us, so this flippin cop actually made a huge stink about it, called backup, made a whole big fucking scene just for a Sergeant to show up, run our names, pull up our license information and call the stupid "investigation" off.  Meanwhile, we're sitting in front of a tool box with 10 cops in the building like we were making C4.  The whole time all I could say was, "Are you fuckin' kidding me right now"?  If it wasn't for the sergeant actually having some common sense, the dumbass patrol cop that came in first was actually suggesting arresting the three of us and confiscating our equipment!  

The stupidest thing about the M855 ban was the talk of how the M855 could defeat police body armor.

Do they not realize that literally any center fire rifle round can easily defeat soft body armor? Hell, .22 magnum will punch through a soft vest occasionally.

I bet the people buying it for $500-700 a case are feeling pretty dumb right about now.

I'm guessing those people always feel dumb.

Edited by GabrielTessin

I picked up 500 rounds of 5.56 this past Friday not even knowing about the ban,  guess I should start watching more news :(    Anyway instead of the normal $7 for 20 rounds it was $8.   I didn't even realize it till I got out to the car and was like wait a damn minute.   

I picked up 500 rounds of 5.56 this past Friday not even knowing about the ban,  guess I should start watching more news :(    Anyway instead of the normal $7 for 20 rounds it was $8.   I didn't even realize it till I got out to the car and was like wait a damn minute.   

$8 for 20 5.56?!  Holy crap man...  I don't shoot 5.56 myself but my buddy uses it and he pays $14 for a box of 20 whenever we go to the range together!!  I haven't bought ammo in over 6 months, I'm still reloading the same 250 casings (200 7.62x39, 50 7.62x54r) for my SKS and MN-M59 respectively.  Just did the third reload a few weeks ago, casings are still in good shape but I typically don't go beyond four firings including the initial so I'll probly be buying some soon...  Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to another 7.62x39 hunt... not.  -_-  Why must I love old guns...  Oh yeah, cuz they're really cheap.