TitanFall Beta

Braegnok

One of the things to remember is that this is a beta stress test. So they are sending invites / switching to open beta in waves. So they don't hammer the servers right up front, they want to hammer them, but they want to do it in a manageable way so they can make changes as needed..

That has nothing to do with sending out wrong keys...

Why are you taking it so personally? I got the wrong key too...I checked the forums and saw that it was a common problem and was being addressed. I filled out a support ticket as suggested, and later that day I got an email saying Titanfall was automatically added to my Origin account (no key needed).

I believe the big deal for most people, especially those who paid over $100 to be BF4 beta testers, would be that if EA and Respawn can't make a simple web form that you select the platform and actually have it work as intended what dismal mess might the game be on launch.  And to everyone saying how well Titanfall is working in Beta, just remember, BF4 servers worked in beta and far fewer people had crash issues than the first month of release.

It just gets even better when the solution to fix the problem flat out doesn't work for some people.  I'm not sure why the EA support website tells me how it's a Beta and wont let me login to it to submit a support ticket for the other Beta (that honestly seems more like a demo from the olden days of PC gaming).

With that said, a short while ago I had received an email from EA with a PC beta key that does work and we shall see.  Honestly all this has done is remind me of what I said in the early days of BF4.  If EA publishes it I should wait until it's on a nice big sale before I buy it.  So chances are I WILL buy Titanfall if I enjoy the beta, but I'm not paying $60 for it...maybe $30.

One of the things to remember is that this is a beta stress test. So they are sending invites / switching to open beta in waves. So they don't hammer the servers right up front, they want to hammer them, but they want to do it in a manageable way so they can make changes as needed..

Why are you taking it so personally? I got the wrong key too...I checked the forums and saw that it was a common problem and was being addressed. I filled out a support ticket as suggested, and later that day I got an email saying Titanfall was automatically added to my Origin account (no key needed).

You also seem to have trouble reading. I was cranky because the support was down as well. There was nothing that could be done.

I also eventually got my key. But I'm sure open beta will be going before I can get it downloaded.

I'm just disappointed that I didn't get to play this weekend...unfortunately I have a job to attend to during the week and can't just play whenever.

You also seem to have trouble reading. I was cranky because the support was down as well. There was nothing that could be done.

I also eventually got my key. But I'm sure open beta will be going before I can get it downloaded.

I'm just disappointed that I didn't get to play this weekend...unfortunately I have a job to attend to during the week and can't just play whenever.

The game doesn't launch until March 11, so you'll likely have a couple more weekends to try it out. My guess is they'll go until a week before launch.

From official Facebook post:

"If you registered for the Titanfall PC beta prior to 4pm PST on Saturday, February 15th, you have been granted access to the beta.

You'll start seeing the beta appear in your 'My Games Library' in Origin over the next several hours. We

Unless they wanna be like "PSSST buy an XBO...." meanwhile, *Microsoft handeth them money*. *EA and Microsoft Brofist* :lol:

• Like 1

I honestly wouldn't get too upset about the issues with folks not receiving PC keys. Its not a simple web form, when you are dealing with hundreds of thousand unique keys (if not more). Anyone could of had this problem, not just EA... 

From a development point would you rather have them developing systems to make sure you get the right key? Or maybe that one feature in the game? 

They  fussed up to their mistake and did a fantastic job of giving options to resolve the issue, something they really didn't even need to do. 

I found the titan to be boring and as I said earlier I noticed a bunch of people just camping in corners until their titan was ready. As far as why it would be awesome, it looks good, plays smooth and the maps they have unlocked so far seem pretty decent.

Got a pc key.. New game thing wore off pretty quick.. It looks repetitive in a way.. Mean like Bubba said and I was right about ppl camping for titans..

You are a pilot,, your titan arrives in what so ever so seconds. You kill other pilots for -30 secs for your titan to arrive.. Bots are don't do much.. maybe it is beta?? People can just shoot the bots all the time for upgrades.. Have to see when the whole game comes out.. It will probably be hit on the console..