[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

Any FWD V6 is a bitch to work on. :yes:

Had to lift the engine out of a VW Jetta VR6 to do a water pump job. Confirmed.

sounds fun I did a alt and a water pump on one a month ago I felt bad for the guy since we charge 93.00 hr for labor also don't you just love all those brittle plactic evap line they use. heck did a bmw last night water pump upper hose fan clutch and a thermostate housing and a tune up also another stupid car imo. And dont even get me started on the BMW's that don't have a dip stick. but when you turn wrenches for a living you see all kinds of goofy designs

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds fun I did a alt and a water pump on one a month ago I felt bad for the guy since we charge 93.00 hr for labor also don't you just love all those brittle plactic evap line they use. heck did a bmw last night water pump upper hose fan clutch and a thermostate housing and a tune up also another stupid car imo. And dont even get me started on the BMW's that don't have a dip stick. but when you turn wrenches for a living you see all kinds of goofy designs

Yeah, my friend works at Porsche and their idiotic engineers don't have any dipsticks...so unless you're a dealer, have fun finding out your oil level!

Speaking of BMW, my family used to have a BMW 745i. Water cooled alternator. The replacement part when it failed at 65k miles cost over 900 dollars! All the stupid car designs makes me appreciate and love my simple car. I can fix everything myself and do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Speaking of BMW, my family used to have a BMW 745i. Water cooled alternator. The replacement part when it failed at 65k miles cost over 900 dollars! All the stupid car designs makes me appreciate and love my simple car. I can fix everything myself and do it in a reasonable amount of time.
I hear that, I'm definitely going to sorely miss my Saturn's super cheap parts and EXTREMELY easy to access engine bay.... Naturally I'd want my next car to be small and strong...which'll mean it'll likely be unnecessarily cramped under the hood. Maybe I'll just wait until that new affordable Tesla comes out :lol: Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 2 weeks later...

Well since Waco needed my brute strength today with lifting the engine from the miata, I didn't get much done to the vroom-box today.

I did patch up the leaky A/C lines (yet to be charged) and pull the ugly coolant reservoir for a coating of paint (also another leak issue to deal with) all the winter cold has drawn a leak from the heater hose and what a mess it's been. Time to fix instead of topping off this time as I didn't have to drain much to pull the tank.  :no:

But while Waco was pulling bolts, wires, and such from the engine to get it out I washed and waxed the beast...MUCH cleaner. Though it now is supposed to rain tomorrow.  :wacko:  Seems to be my tradition with car washes. 

IMG_20140404_125831%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_20140404_125852%20(Medium).jpg

I've also got a little something else planned for tomorrow...another plastidip adventure.  :woot:

I hope it's the wheels ! :yucky:

They'll be green till I peel them and paint them black. They've held up well so far so...poop on you. 

ALL the engine covers!?

Yea...totally what I was think. NOT.  :rolleyes:

Come on...what's missing in that pictar?  :whistling:

They'll be green till I peel them and paint them black. They've held up well so far so...poop on you.

ALL the engine covers!?

Yea...totally what I was think. NOT. :rolleyes:

Come on...what's missing in that pictar? :whistling:

The hood :evilgrin:

ALL the engine covers!?

Yea...totally what I was think. NOT. :rolleyes:

Come on...what's missing in that pictar? :whistling:

The hood :evilgrin:

Yay...

I thought it twas pretty obvious...

:wacko: