[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waco your telling me you don't love the rear drum set up with the inspection cap and one time use nut lol. I've been a auto tech for five years now ASE cert in steering susp, elect, hvac, and brakes. and i have to say I'm not to happy with ford when they did that. also I remember them coming out with a long term air filter that cost a arm and leg to replace with stock lol. At least when you did the height drop you didn't have to drop the rear member completely out like the ford fusion.

Edited by capthowdy575

i had a guy bring a ford ranger in for a inspection before it bought it. well funny story he had the drum cover but when i went to take it off there was nothing in there lol either side. they had also threaded a bolt into the brake block to stop any fluid going back to it and covered it with RV sealant. which the brake fluid would have eaten through any way. guy wasn't to happy I take it he didn't buy the truck. Also i little trick for drums is to notch a fat screwdriver to push all the springs back into place you can also use dykes depends on how big the drum brakes are. i use these bought made by snap on my set also came with the clamps to do the GM rear drums which use one giant spring rod http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-7848-8-Piece-Professional/dp/B00061SGO0/ref=sr_1_9/192-4109418-4139042?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1390341502&sr=1-9

it is so coming along very nicely bp !, ...let me be the first to chime in for some video time once the new exhaust system is in,... i'd love to hear her rumble, i think we all would...

Got her installed today. New header is LOUD. haha. Opened her up more than expected...may need a muffler...ROFL

Here's a couple shitty phone vids. Kills the mic. unfortunately. :P Still sound okay. 

Took it for a drive and wow -- VRRRRRRRROM. 

OH and yes, she did get a bath after this. lol

Got her installed today. New header is LOUD. haha. Opened her up more than expected...may need a muffler...ROFL

Here's a couple shitty phone vids. Kills the mic. unfortunately. :P Still sound okay. 

HEY NOICE !,....that sounds SICK !!...and if ya get a noise ticket then midasize it, otherwise truck on !!

did ya notice any performance/power increase ?

VIDS

HEY NOICE !,....that sounds SICK !!...and if ya get a noise ticket then midasize it, otherwise truck on !!

did ya notice any performance/power increase ?

Actually did notice a little gain. Drove it to go to dinnah tonight with Waco :) Then had to let him drive...haha

I didn't lose anything down low and seemed to have gained a little through the entire rev range. :) I LIKE!

Sound like all the other pissed off beehives I hate hearing and can't say I like the green wheels on the blue car. Sorry BluePanda liked most of the mods ya do to it but not those.

Meh -- personal choice. It's okay, as long as I like it -- that's all that matters. The videos don't do it justice -- but honestly, it does need a muffler to quiet the beast down a bit. I should take a pic of the stock header...sad. 

The thing is, you can hate on the sound but at least in this case we know its coming from a vehicle that has had work done to it.

Its different when you hear shittier BZZZZZZZZT! exhaust notes from someone who just slapped a fart can on  and drives around like a hooligan.

I actually like the sound, I'd personally prefer it a bit lower and raspier but beggrs can't be choosers, I'm all about function over form anyways.

:cheers: