Datsun Z Thread

Onion

I'm looking into dumped exhausts. My asshole neighbors keep calling the cops when I take the Z out for a spin. What I'll do is make the usual racket, and when the cops show up again, close the dumps and be like "its not that loud..." :lol:

Sounds like you're the asshole :P waiting for the post now about your car being keyed

Some people are just jerks and surprisingly I'm not talking about Onion.

I doubt its louder than a Harley and if it is it most assuredly sounds better.

I can't stand obnoxious exhausts...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking into dumped exhausts. My asshole neighbors keep calling the cops when I take the Z out for a spin. What I'll do is make the usual racket, and when the cops show up again, close the dumps and be like "its not that loud..." :lol:

Sounds like you're the asshole :P waiting for the post now about your car being keyed

Some people are just jerks and surprisingly I'm not talking about Onion.

I doubt its louder than a Harley and if it is it most assuredly sounds better.

I can't stand obnoxious exhausts...

+1, that car didn't sound loud at all. Sure if he's beating it it will be loud, most cars would be...(unless he beats it everytime he takes it out...then I'm in the middle)

More than likely they just dont like him driving fast :P

Some people just hate hearing a car rip through gears...

This. Although this is also the reason my car isn't loud.

Its not louder than a Harley, and I've only ever taken the car out twice. They were short 5 minute spins around the block to get the car up to temp and to recharge the battery a little. I drove it like an old lady the first time, and the second time I did a first gear pull at 3/4 throttle. I've actually never taken the car past second gear at any speed, lol. 

Rejoice in youth onion, have fun! People anymore seeing someone elevate their heart rate can't stand it. But it's nothing they never did in their life? I'm surprised some neighbors haven't come over to look at your Z, to have a beer, and talk cars. Your Z is a pretty nice setup Holley carb, headers, and you know someone took the time to jet it right. It is better to keep your neighbors friends though, they can keep picking up the phone, and every time you drive you'll get pulled over for this & that. Or just flip the script and go introduce yourself saying how much you enjoy cars & hope it doesn't disturb you too much. If there are lots of little kids around, well um, well um...

Miami people are usually pretty rude, but surprisingly, I've got a couple of cool neighbors that wave and say hi when they see me in the garage working on the car. However, the front door ones have a bone to pick with my family for some reason. They've always been rude, cold, never say hi, never wave, nothing. Either way, the way things work on Miami is completely different from the real America. In Jacksonville, people are really friendly, welcoming, and I'm sure that people would be coming over to talk, but I've yet to see anything similar happen down here. I'm not going to waste my time on those front door fools, I'll keep doing my wrenching in the garage, I'll keep being nice to the other neighbors, and when I go back up to Jacksonville in 4 months, they won't have anything else to complain about. And thanks for the comments about the car. :cheers:

And for a more car oriented update, I nearly lit the damn thing on fire yesterday. I wired up a kill switch to the ignition coil, and hid the switch behind the dash. With the switch off, the car won't start. With the switch on, it starts and the load runs through the new wires, to the switch, and back to the coil and then follows its usual path. I gave the car the beans while in my driveway and after a couple WOT revs, my steering column started smoking. Going to have to pop it open, see what burned, and patch in some new wire tomorrow. Fun. :(

Edited by Onion

They've always been rude, cold, never say hi, never wave, nothing.

Its probably because youre brown...

Not being prejudiced myself, you just know theres people like that.

:/

Hahaha he's pretty average for South Florida. If anything it's because he's French :P 

Edited by ekiM