Datsun Z Thread

Onion

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you get to Jacksonville, cruse on over to Wells Performance on University. They would have contacts to help with a roll bar and to get your rotors, axles, drums, and hubs re-drilled for 5 on 5.25".

The reason while suggest the re-drilling is to get better rim options.

When you get to Jacksonville, cruse on over to Wells Performance on University. They would have contacts to help with a roll bar and to get your rotors, axles, drums, and hubs re-drilled for 5 on 5.25".

The reason while suggest the re-drilling is to get better rim options.

Awesome, that's a huge amount of help. I should get all the title crap sorted out this coming week, I'll have the car in Jacksonville by next weekend hopefully, so I'll head over to Wells Performance sometime that week. :cheers:

So this is a $13k+ car now? :tongue:

Sucks man...best of luck on the inspection.

At least there was no tax on it lol. Nearing $14,000 now, I bought carbs for it, now I need to get a new intake manifold, gonna get wheels, etc. 

Thanks lol. Not too many worries as far as the vehicle goes, since its in perfect condition with no accident damage or anything. I'm just worried about what those paper pushing lunatics will require next. 

That's pretty much what I paid for my Cobalt. :mfp:

$14K for carb powered vehicle

2w591.gif

It's faster, more practical, and far more comfortable and economic. :tongue:

It's also totaled...but it saved my life. :lol:

Not faster around corners, less practical because it isn't a hatchback, not as comfortable as Corbeau LG1 seats (I find the Z more comfortable than the GTI), and it's more economical than the Mustang so it's good enough for me. The Z isn't that bad on gas, it's got the 5 speed swap.

It's faster toward needing a carb rebuild :lol:. Seriously I'd love an older Z but I don't touch carbureted vehicles (unless I'm forced to, like my motorcycle)

Proof that flat black looks badass on just about any car. :P

haahaa,...yea heavy emphasis on the "bad" part !  :rofl:

That's a terrible paintjob, yeah, lol. :lol: I think it'd look much better if it was just primered lmao. The louvers ARE pretty cool, I'll give him that. 

Update on the Z. Tried to have it titled. Salvage title, so I can't title it until its rebuilt. To get a rebuilt title, I have to take it to an inspection. To take it to an inspection, I have to get a temporary tag. To get a temporary tag, I have to get a bill of sale. I can't get a bill of sale (need an original, too, not a copy) because the seller of the car isn't answering phone calls or emails. 1 week of no response now. WTF, man, I just wanna drive my Z!

Edited by Onion

This weekend's project: redo all gaskets. I don't know when the last time the gaskets were redone, so I'll do them all and have some peace of mind. Doing the head gasket will probably blow (see what I did there? :P), but I'll be good for a long time after that.