Datsun Z Thread

Onion

Throttle cable is fixed. Also did an oil change, and a coolant flush. Royal Purple 10w-30 for those who are wondering. Royal purple filter as well.

I think you should get fuel injection on there before investing in overpriced oil and gimmicky priced filters :P (Purolator PureOne ftw)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Throttle cable is fixed. Also did an oil change, and a coolant flush. Royal Purple 10w-30 for those who are wondering. Royal purple filter as well.

I think you should get fuel injection on there before investing in overpriced oil and gimmicky priced filters :P (Purolator PureOne ftw)

I'm going to triple Webers, actually. Just might be a while until I can procure a reasonably priced set. As for the oil, its what I ran in the Mustang, and what I used in the GTI a couple times (now runs Castrol GTX). The Purolator PureOne is what most people with Z's use and recommend, but its butt ugly. No way in hell I'd put that on my car. I was going to get a nice blue Nippon filter, but they were out of stock, so I just got the Royal Purple one for now. 

I'm going to triple Webers, actually. Just might be a while until I can procure a reasonably priced set. As for the oil, its what I ran in the Mustang, and what I used in the GTI a couple times (now runs Castrol GTX). The Purolator PureOne is what most people with Z's use and recommend, but its butt ugly. No way in hell I'd put that on my car. I was going to get a nice blue Nippon filter, but they were out of stock, so I just got the Royal Purple one for now. 

Paint it lol, I love the PureOne's (based on a large multi-filter breakdown review I read a long time ago, they're almost always included on oil sale bundles and they have that wonderful grippy surface that I used to use Fram filters for)

Idk, I just use whatever decent oil is on sale and haven't seen any difference between any of them. Conventional, max life, synthetic blend, full synthetic... I usually only upgrade to the next tier if it's only a couple of dollars more (for instance I just bought some Castrol Synblend for $22.99 for 5.1qts and got a PureOne filter for free at Advance Autos, conventional was 19.99+$2 for PureOne upgrade). If there's no sale then I just buy some conventional name brand (usually Valvoline) since my car slowly burns it anyway :teehee:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

the Purolator PureOne is what most people with Z's use and recommend, but its butt ugly. No way in hell I'd put that on my car.

Boohoo!  :cry: 

All I can say is 'oil filter relocation kit'.

the Purolator PureOne is what most people with Z's use and recommend, but its butt ugly. No way in hell I'd put that on my car.

Boohoo! :cry:

All I can say is too much effort. I'm gonna run a Motorcraft Racing filter next time. It's basically a PureOne, but white.

Boohoo! :cry:

All I can say is too much effort. I'm gonna run a Motorcraft Racing filter next time. It's basically a PureOne, but white.

And probably more expensive, I think Mobil1's are just PureOnes too but they all suck because they overcharge for them AND they don't have that wonderful grip lol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Except the oil is more expensive in stores. I'd try Walmart, but the closest one is like a half hour drive. 

Only if you get Royal Purple or something like that, I saw a 5.1qt of Mobil One bundle with Mobil One filter for like $32.99+ Tax

Good news! The Dacia Sandero... No, just kidding. But good news! My car is healthy for me! It's literally a sauna in there, I'm sweating out tons of toxins. :lol: