Datsun Z Thread

Onion

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sweet! Just keep the asshattery to a minimum as to avoid the local law enforcement.

Yesterday I was at the gas station filling up the car for the drive to the DMV the following day and a man in a police uniform and a van that said supervisor on it hopped out and told me all about how he used to have lots of Z cars. He really knew what he was talking about because he knew mine was a 73 just by looking at it briefly. He then told me to "not go too fast". :lol: But yeah, it doesn't run that well and the carb is begging for a tune, so no hooning. :P

Holy crap is all I can say. This thing handles unbelievably well, especially with the weight that's been removed and the suspension mods. Straight line performance isn't great, but it'll get better with the tune. But corners are where this beast truly shines. You just chuck it in there and it grips and grips and grips! I can't wait to autocross it. Also, the road feel is incredible, the manual steering really just speaks to you. I love my car! :)

Throttle cable is fixed. Also did an oil change, and a coolant flush. Royal Purple 10w-30 for those who are wondering. Royal purple filter as well.

Throttle cable is fixed. Also did an oil change, and a coolant flush. Royal Purple 10w-30 for those who are wondering. Royal purple filter as well.

Royal Purple is good for track use, but for street use its performance doesn't last too long. If you want similar performance but longer life try Amsoil.

Royal Purple? Ouch says the wallet. :lol:

It wasn't so bad, I got it off Amazon with free shipping, I paid $8.20 per quart. The filter was a bit pricey at $13, though. 

Royal Purple is good for track use, but for street use its performance doesn't last too long. If you want similar performance but longer life try Amsoil.

I'll look into it, thanks Savan. The issue I had with picking an oil for the Z was that it needed to have really high zinc content because of the valvetrain on these cars. I was told Mobil 1 high mileage was okay (which is actually just the old Mobil 1 formula), and another brand that I had never heard of. Come the next oil change, I'll probably give Amsoil a go.