Intel's Haswell May Be Last Interchangeable Desktop CPU?

dr_bowtie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many times I can't even count them all. But starting with socket A and everything since........................

Same here... But I have also kept the same CPU and upgraded boards for better options ;)

I think we should wait for some kind of official announcement from Intel before thinking too much about it. :)

Thats the worse thing they can do from a business perspective. Intentionally leaking things like this gives them an advantage and see what the responses would be like before actually saying anything.

Same here, granted one board broke.

Weird story for mine. I just tossed my old components into an htpc but kept the q6700 on my new board, and then I bought a q9450 and stuck with that. Dunno, still counts as 2 I guess.

BGA cant be all that bad.... I mean the AMD Fusion stuff works very well... the E-300, E-350 and E-450 stuff is pretty hardy....

That's if you don't want any improvements.. anyways they don't have true successors, just slight improvements, couple of Mhz here and there. Not to mention retailers selling it quite dearly

Edited by DanTheGamer11

The ATX standard in itself has probably lasted far longer than expected and maybe some sort of change is due, probably needed? The BTX standard was an attempt but nobody followed and it'll probably take one of the big boys like Intel to lead the way. Motherboards with the processor, memory and gpu all onboard? Things move on and I'm sure the ATX standard will become a thing of the past but when? Are Intel really concerned about PC enthusiasts, they are in the minority?