Best fans to use on Cooler Master Hyper Evo?

DnaAngel

Just wondering what the absolute best 120mm fans you would recommend to use on a CM hyper 212 EVO? Noise is not an issue im wanting pure performance.

I was looking at the Scythe ultra kaze 3000 rpm

Fans with be in Push/Pull

Edited by DnaAngel

Are you sure noise is not an issue? If that's the case, then I can recommend you 2x Delta 120mm fans - 4.000RPM, 150CFM. :rofl:

On a more serious note, any 120mm high performance fans will do, and I am not sure about the very best 120mm fan - it's hard to say what is the best. However, the difference in temperatures will not be very big between a normal or silent and a high performance fan. It's important for the air to move over the fins, it's not THAT important how fast will it move. I don't think the difference will be more than a couple of degrees.

Edited by IlijaPlayerP

Any of the following 120mm fans on these pages will likely suffice if noise is not an issue:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g36/c435/s1108/list/p1/Fans-12_Volt_Fans_by_CFM-180_-_199_CFM_Fans-Page1.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g36/c435/s1109/list/p1/Fans-12_Volt_Fans_by_CFM-200_CFM_Fans-Page1.html

I personally have two of these on my case (intake/exhaust). They are loud when they're running full tilt, but with the use of a controller it's...bearable.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8547/fan-529/Delta_120_x_38mm_High-Speed_Fan_-_190_CFM_FFB1212EHE-F00.html?tl=g36c435s1108

On another note- any of these high CFM fans are going to draw more amps than your average joe cooler. Ensure that your fan controller can handle the additional wattage.

I burned out the first controller I bought made by thermaltake, so I took it back and got a Zalman, which has these nice heatsinks on the voltage regulators. Been going strong ever since.

Edited by enrgizerbunny

Ok........For a real answer, the cougar vortex fans would be better.

However the reality is that any fan that you would get that would improve the evo would be expensive enough that in push pull, you might as well have coughed up the extra money for the NZXT havik.

with the system the way it is then I would suggest leaving it how it is and getting a better cooler. The addition of a pair of Scythe Ultra Kaze's would be at best 10c to the stock ones. I would get another cooler like a Megahalems, D14, a phanteks cooler or something related.

with the system the way it is then I would suggest leaving it how it is and getting a better cooler. The addition of a pair of Scythe Ultra Kaze's would be at best 10c to the stock ones. I would get another cooler like a Megahalems, D14, a phanteks cooler or something related.

:withstupid:

Buying a new cooler with the bucks that you plan to spend on the extra fan would be better.