Apple gets 1.051 Billion from Samsung

IVIYTH0S

Does anyone here, know anyone that has had an iphone longer that a year without shattering the screen?

Just curious.

Both of my parents have their own iPhone 3GS (which they got maybe a month after they first came out) and my father broke his screen a month back (from now) for the first time. 2+ years without having the screen break is pretty good, although I'm going just as long on my Galaxy S Captivate (GO SAMSUNG.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And kill their phone battery. :lol:

I've got a Samsung Admire that cost us 50 bucks. Got no cell service but it's basically a really really cheap ipod touch now.

Oh and the battery only needs to be charged once daily.

Edited by Locutus

Both of my parents have their own iPhone 3GS (which they got maybe a month after they first came out) and my father broke his screen a month back (from now) for the first time. 2+ years without having the screen break is pretty good, although I'm going just as long on my Galaxy S Captivate (GO SAMSUNG.

They have done well well then. I do have my ipod touch 4th gen from release date (selling it soon) with no issues but every person I have met with an iphone has ended up with smashed screens. One girl has even smashed screens on the original iphone, iphone 3g, iphone 4 and 4s :pfp:

I have had my pos Sony x10 which I shall replace in the coming fortnight i think. Had it for 2, 2 and half years now and have literally thrown this thing at walls, at the floor and even gone driving with it on the roof of my car haha. For the most part i treat it very well but with only one major scratch and that caused by my nail I am much happier with my Sony phone than a slab of glass.

:cheers: to another Galaxy S1 user (Epic 4G here), I'm just over a year with mine though, got it for $50 w/ 2 year renewal through Radio Shack (hellz ya). I had to trade in a phone...which was a turd $7 flip phone I had bought as a backup phone and as long as it powered on they'd take it.

Oddly my old Touch Pro (my better backup to my Hero that the Epic replaced), didn't qualify as a trade-in even though it worked, since it was beat to hell. But I forgot I had that old flip phone, and I was SO glad I brought that since otherwise I'd have to trade in my trusty Hero (which I had to rely on twice when my Epic had its screen ribbon replaced and once I dropped it in water and the screen wouldn't receive touch input anymore....but then a couple days later, it just did again lol. Been fine since)

I've got a Samsung Admire that cost us 50 bucks. Got no cell service but it's basically a really really cheap ipod touch now.

:withstupid: My point exactly, once you power down the radios, the batteries can really stretch their legs.

I've got an SGS II overclocked to 1786 mhz from the stock 1512 mhz and my battery lasts quite a while even with the heavy use I give it.

You guys need to relax a bit with the OC thing. I really dislike phones with good processors.

I know I might have a crazy problem but really piss me off. Why would you OC a processor of a phone? What would you get???????? Are you competing to get highest scores on some 3d mark for phones? that is just nonsense. Is a phone.. dam.. is for talk. Hello mum? Hi, mum I OCed phone I can talk to you faster now.. and I can see movies at same time because I OCed.

I'm sorry, nothing personal I just hate phones to be "advanced", I prefer to stick to old phones. =)

Once daily is a LOT. I charge my phone every 3 days. LG cookie FTW. Stock photos-crap videos-SMS-phone-calls,some games- what else do we need from a PHONE?

Now I can go and get lost in jungle for 3 days without charging the battery. Now, people with dual/quad-core smarphones have 1 day to be saved or patiently wait for death.

ps: That applies to everybody except for Bear Grylls!

Once daily is a LOT. I charge my phone every 3 days. LG cookie FTW. Stock photos-crap videos-SMS-phone-calls,some games- what else do we need from a PHONE?

Now I can go and get lost in jungle for 3 days without charging the battery. Now, people with dual/quad-core smarphones have 1 day to be saved or patiently wait for death.

ps: That applies to everybody except for Bear Grylls!

If you're lost someplace where you still have cell signal then you really aren't all that lost lol.

If you're lost someplace where you still have cell signal then you really aren't all that lost lol.

That.

Just google maps your way back to civilization. :lol:

That.

Just google maps your way back to civilization. :lol:

What about if you are kidnapped guys???????? That's a good one I put and several times saw on movies...

It can happen and you will have prolly low battery just like in "BURIED" movie ^_^ (he has a blacbkerry if i'm not wrong)