Apple gets 1.051 Billion from Samsung

IVIYTH0S

I never really liked Apple in the first place,

My Ipod nano died becouse of a software bug, that apple did not want to fix. They said buy a new one.

Im still kinda pissed because the damn thing cost me 200 euro and a new one would run me around 400.....

Make your product very expensive and dont provide good support. typical Apple BS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt their marketbase is diminishing

Today I tried to find a decent MP3 player and I tried and I tried.

Then well I found a whole lot of nothing really. There was no point looking at any of the major tech retailers or any major retails really as almost all of them where exclusively stocking icrap with maybe a few 4 or 8gb chinease pos MP3 players with no expandable storage.

Then I am like cool screw that lets tru find a decent online retailer that sells things like sony walkman, irvers, cowon and creative zen MP3 players and well looks like those stores are lacking too. Best place to buy the creative gear was from the creative aus home site and well they had decent enough prices but it still left you wanting.

Sony well they apparently only have walkman in 3 flavors really and one of them is deactivated everywhere the other is op and the other is under spec. Seriously what the hell happened there sony, the walkman used to be an amazing thing.

Cowon was overpriced for what the player was needed for but as a standalone player for me the quality would be great.

Ended up settling with an irver with a sour taste in my mouth at the state of consumer electronics.

I am sort of away from good internet today, but I did read an article that was claiming that after the virus release for Apple, the market base started to diminish.

It isn't surprising to me because I have been called to fix a lot of Macs recently and everyone was super pissed because they bought their PC under the assumption that it wouldn't need repair. One person even had me build them a new PC. I know a few other people who run their own PC repair businesses and they say that that has been happening a lot too and that it only happened recently.

Now I am well aware that an article and a couple of stories aren't enough to really make a factual claim, however I feel confident that it is if nothing else a new trend that might become more pronounced as time goes on. :popcorn:

As for MP3 players, I don't know what you have in the Australian market, however in America sandisk has some pretty decent MP3 players that you can pick up for like 50 bucks. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/739716-REG/SanDisk_SDMX20R_004GK_A57_Sansa_Fuze_MP3.html

As for MP3 players, I don't know what you have in the Australian market, however in America sandisk has some pretty decent MP3 players that you can pick up for like 50 bucks. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/739716-REG/SanDisk_SDMX20R_004GK_A57_Sansa_Fuze_MP3.html

That being said, anyone with a decent android phone can slap a micro SD card in there and enjoy their music without having to spend very much money, and without the hassle of carrying multiple devices.

That being said, anyone with a decent android phone can slap a micro SD card in there and enjoy their music without having to spend very much money, and without the hassle of carrying multiple devices.

And kill their phone battery. :lol:

And kill their phone battery. :lol:

I've got an SGS II overclocked to 1786 mhz from the stock 1512 mhz and my battery lasts quite a while even with the heavy use I give it.

Battery may just be giving up, unless there's a process/app that's running it down (and if she's indeed a novice user, she may have went downloading crazy and downloaded some crap that runs all the time)

Either way, she could probably goto a Verizon service center and get a new battery for free if she has insurance or even with out. If she's not successful, is $5.69 really that hard a pill to swallow?? (she could buy an external charger and then swap them without having to plug the phone in

Or heck if it was me (LOVE me my fat extendeds, a bonus is that her phone has an OEM one): Extended OEM 2150mAh + Extended Battery cover = $15.97

but I'd still try Verizon for a free battery replacement and app sweep (for now, even if she's stuck on getting the iTurd)

My money is on the battery giving up the ghost, but yeah, she hasn't seem very inclined to get it fixed. She already owns an iMac and MacBook Air so.. guess the natural progression (for her) is an iPhone next.

If any good has come of this, its that apple has proven, once and for all, that their product is identical to everything else out there and bring nothing to the table except higher prices and a smug attitude. Just yesterday I was at a pizza joint and overheard some people behind me discussing how one guy had a Samsung laptop that he paid 700$ for and his girlfriend (I assume) had a $1500 macbook pro. She said she wanted to take it back and get what he had since they were the same :P

I've got an SGS II overclocked to 1786 mhz from the stock 1512 mhz and my battery lasts quite a while even with the heavy use I give it.

People on older Android phones have a lot less battery life... my phone will go dead in an hour playing music running Android 2.3... I am waiting for the new release of Cricket phone before I upgrade. for a quick MP3 player I use my old LG Dare as its pretty solid.

but then again I just got a cheap Tablet and its pretty sweet for a tablet under 100.00

An hour? You need a new battery! :lol:

+1 haha :lol:

And sometimes guys using a phone isn't an option as a music player :P like when it's for my technologically incompetent mother to use to replace the large collection of CDs she has at her kinder.