New GPU - Need advice quickly

_TheAlexO

I just installed my EVGA 670 FTW. It is a sick card. Quiet and cool and performance is great for 399.00. Beats 680 in many benchmarks.

Here is my Heaven results.

My CPU has gotta be holding me back in unigine.

edit: What drivers are you running?

unigine_20120913_0918.html

Edited by _TheAlexO

So now I have a brand new system. Just ordered a 3570k, ASrock h77, 8gb corsair ddr3 1600 to go along with my gtx680 :D Needless to say I am excited.

Should be here in tuesday

Well that didn't take long. :lol:

We were talking about that what, yesterday? Thursday?

Well that didn't take long. :lol:

We were talking about that what, yesterday? Thursday?

hahaha yea I think that was yesterday I was complaining about my cpu holding me back.. well, I am a master at spending money I don't have. rolleyes.gif

3570K + H77 board? blink.gif

no need to overclock in the near future. no money to buy a better board. wanted to get the CPU that I want for the future without breaking the budget. Once I feel like I need to OC then I'll get a new MB/heatsink & fan. In the mean time the h77 will perform the exact same as higher end boards. No need to spend more money on something I don't need

Edited by _TheAlexO

1347781046[/url]' post='2050534']

no need to overclock in the near future. no money to buy a better board. wanted to get the CPU that I want for the future without breaking the budget. Once I feel like I need to OC then I'll get a new MB/heatsink & fan. In the mean time the h77 will perform the exact same as higher end boards. No need to spend more money on something I don't need

I'm nitpicking here but why not get a cheap 2400 or an i3 instead? 2012 is about to end so chances are haswell will be out when you "need" to overclcok your system..

I'm nitpicking here but why not get a cheap 2400 or an i3 instead? 2012 is about to end so chances are haswell will be out when you "need" to overclcok your system..

this 3570k will last me forever. This motherboard might just last me forever as well. If I was gonna just go real cheap then I would of just kept my current Phenom II.

Good way to go Alexo,

I get 60 FPS in all my games, but some reviews show a lot higher.

My 965BE is a limiting factor, but it will last a couple more years yet. I can't see stuff being vastly improved anytime soon. I look back to a couple years ago and the FPS (the important bit) is not greatly different. :popcorn: