New GPU - Need advice quickly

_TheAlexO

This is also a worthwhile suggestion, by the time the memory limits you, likely the GPU itself would. It's more balanced

I like how you're so hung up on the memory being a limiting factor when the only game I have that even maxes out the VRAM on my card is a modded Skyrim. Nothing else goes over 1GB really.

I like how you're so hung up on the memory being a limiting factor when the only game I have that even maxes out the VRAM on my card is a modded Skyrim. Nothing else goes over 1GB really.

I have to agree, in all my testing at 1080 the memory was never a limited factor. In fact even Skyrim does not seem all that limited with a ton of high detail mods installed. In fact installing the mods has not hurt my performance at all over a stock install.

The larger memory sizes and larger memory bandwidth might come into play at higher resolutions but at 1080 there is zero gaming experience hit.

If he stays at 1080P it's whole life....I'm just saying it sort of locks him there longer.

• 4 weeks later...

So my 680 will be here in the morning :D I wen't ahead and got the evga 680. I've bought 2 cards from them in the past and was always satisfied so why not.

I'll let you guys know how much big of a performance boost I get :thumbsup:

I just installed my EVGA 670 FTW. It is a sick card. Quiet and cool and performance is great for 399.00. Beats 680 in many benchmarks.

Here is my Heaven results.

post-31849-0-69420300-1347427809_thumb.jpg

Edited by InCrYsIs