What what the last piece of hardware you replaced?

neddamttocs

56 members have voted

1. 1. What what the last piece of hardware you replaced?

• Motherboard
    • CPU
    • RAM
    • Hard Drive
    • Optical Drive
    • Video Card
    • Sound Card
    • Other Expansion Card
    • Other Hardware

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added a PCI-E sound card a couple weeks ago as my on-board wouldn't configure properly, and I wanted 5.1 digital on the fly encoding. The card does this beautifully :D

Edited by rivalary

Motherboard. Old foxconn micro atx mobo died on me. When that happened I decided that a mid-end computer just wasn't cutting it. if I was going to spend my money a second time, I was going to build a beast.

Since then I've replaced everything in my computer except the DVD burner.

Although I did return a GPU, but that was because it was DOA. I don't think that counts.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

Sold my i7 2600K and ASUS P8Z68-V Pro and bought an i7 3930K and ASUS Rampage IV Extreme.

Sounds good, what blocks you got for the cpu and RIVE?

I have MIPS blocks for both, cause they look fantastic and dont have the nickel issues that EK blocks do

My GTX460 super OC temporarily it is under warranty and going back for replacement I currently have a 550Ti from my back rig in the main rig, and bought a GT545 - ~$70, to serve in my back up rig in the mean time while my 460 is being replaced, after which the 545 will relegated to a static bag for emergency or put in the main rig as a dedicated physx card.

The 460 failed on its for overheating all of a sudden for no apparent reason I left it at factory settings, and even bumped the fan speed up to a minimum of 80% and just kept overheating crashing the whole system, temps were getting into 100C range even with massive cooler on it going full blast, the quad heat pipes and ducting were no match for its heat out put.

Oh well my backup isn't to bad 192 cores 1Ghz gpu/ 1.1Ghz GDDR5/ 2Ghz on the shaders and stable as all get out.

My GTX460 super OC temporarily it is under warranty and going back for replacement I currently have a 550Ti from my back rig in the main rig, and bought a GT545 - ~$70, to serve in my back up rig in the mean time while my 460 is being replaced, after which the 545 will relegated to a static bag for emergency or put in the main rig as a dedicated physx card.

The 460 failed on its for overheating all of a sudden for no apparent reason I left it at factory settings, and even bumped the fan speed up to a minimum of 80% and just kept overheating crashing the whole system, temps were getting into 100C range even with massive cooler on it going full blast, the quad heat pipes and ducting were no match for its heat out put.

Oh well my backup isn't to bad 192 cores 1Ghz gpu/ 1.1Ghz GDDR5/ 2Ghz on the shaders and stable as all get out.

Is that a gigabyte 460 SOC? i got one here as a temp card, its a beastly cooler for a 460