What what the last piece of hardware you replaced?

neddamttocs

56 members have voted

1. 1. What what the last piece of hardware you replaced?

• Motherboard
    • CPU
    • RAM
    • Hard Drive
    • Optical Drive
    • Video Card
    • Sound Card
    • Other Expansion Card
    • Other Hardware

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realize anyone was really counting...

Yeah... That's kind of creepy Nyt. Now if it were Frank or Dave it would make sense. Days since they made that horrible mistake :lol: Just joking. Keep up the good work Blue! (The count would be 12 months and 13 days since they made the mistake of hiring me, in case you were curious.)

Anyway, I've only had 4/5 things fail on me (5 if you can't the thing that failed twice). Had a PSU fail during to a power outage, a motherboard fail because MSI didn't design their laptop well, a fan in an MSI GPU fail (card was fine though, didn't even notice a temp change, just had it out to clean and it wouldn't spin like the other fan), and a router fail on me twice. First time the router failed I got an RMA and replaced it, then the replacement failed (wireless is dead) about a month ago so I got an ASUS router, and really like it so far. No problems.

If we look beyond computers though, the Li-ion battery in my fancy Logitech remote swelled up. Even though that thing is four years old, and not under warranty, they are sending me a replacement. Should be here this week I think.

Yeah... That's kind of creepy Nyt.

Lol, just couldn't believe its been a year that she's been on staff so I had to count the months :P

(The count would be 12 months and 13 days since they made the mistake of hiring me, in case you were curious.)

Its been 1 year, 4 months and 24 days since I got infected with the zombie virus uhm I mean joined staff lol :lol:

Most recent thing I've replaced was my monitor. Before that the sound card. Before that the power supply and RAM. Before that the motherboard, CPU, RAM, CPU cooler, and primary hard drive.

The last thing I had to replace due to failure though was my video card. The old 8800GTX gave out on me so I had to get a 5770 to replace it with. Then I got a second 5770 for some Crossfire goodness.

I replaced everything except I reused the case and dvd drive.

I've got quite a few cases if you'd like to change that... :evilgrin:

But I'm guessing you kept it because you liked it. lol :lol:

I've got quite a few cases if you'd like to change that... :evilgrin:

But I'm guessing you kept it because you liked it. lol :lol:

I do like it. But I also just didn't feel like spending the money on a new one when the old one works perfectly fine.