Annoying adset

airman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To those that said use abp did you not notice airman requested no suggestion of adblock.

After all every time an add loads it's money for occ which keeps this place going for all of us.

To be honest I haven't seen one pop out add on occ, never anything with sound.

To those that said use abp did you not notice airman requested no suggestion of adblock.

After all every time an add loads it's money for occ which keeps this place going for all of us.

Might be because you've donated.

Of course they noticed, that's why they had to say it, you know you always want to do what others say "don't do" to. :P

I really don't think it would be anything to be so ashamed of to block one or two ads that are being excessively annoying, ABP will let you block them specifically.

As for seeing these ads, I just tried unblocking ads on OCC and I've looked around on a lot of different pages and haven't seen any with sound either. Though I can't help but wonder if other settings of mine affect that, I don't exactly have a vanilla browser or anything close to it for that matter. :lol:

Perhaps my posts following the OP were not clear enough.

I am pointing out this issue to see if someone can chime in and say, "Yes, we don't want those kind of ads here. I'll take care of it."

People new to the site and make it to the home page may be irritated by these ads and turn away from OCC. Hence I'm pretty sure that's why we don't like them in the first place. The issue it that I don't want to block them on my local machine(s). I like having ABP turned off on OCC because I like to make sure we aren't getting anything we don't want and it's the basis of the site's income.

Sorry been dealing with some stuff and didn't notice this thread.

If I see it I try and stop them. Google changes the ads so quick its hard to keep up. I will try and narrow them down if I see them, as of now I have yet to see them.

It may be a US-only deal. Everyone who says they've seen it is in the US so far.

I doubt it's trojan-induced. Fresh install here, and a clean/newish computer at work. At work yesterday I had something happening in the background but I had about 10 tabs open and I can't say if it was OCC or not. I'm going to try to get it to show up again today and catch it.