airman

Annoying adset

I get the expanded ad with sound eveytime I load the OCC homepage. I use Google CHrome.

I sure hope you guys handle up 'cause it sux and it's noisy. I often surf at night with the kids sleeping and it blares through the stereo and I have to jump up and turn it off/down :vmad:

I've been getting them for big name brand stuff like Lysol, Microsoft Bing i think, etc. All take you to their legit homepage. A right click on the ad in effort to find the host does me no good because it's just flash lol - maybe there is a way in firefox/other browser to track down individual elements on a page

I don't know what the "elements of the page" means but I use Chrome and was able to get this info. Hope it helps.

post-67055-0-92523600-1340163992_thumb.png

post-67055-0-75349500-1340164003_thumb.png

It may be a US-only deal. Everyone who says they've seen it is in the US so far.

Not exactly.

I saw that ad when I was in India as well as in US.

Dave I was able to get "http://cdn.adexcite.com" as the source for the black/gray border around the popout if that helps. The URL that the ads lead to are the legit advertiser's homepage. Bing, myspace, lysol, TGIF, etc.

I did get those ads before, and im in australia. I dont mind normal internet ads, i know the site needs them to make money etc, but popout and audio ads annoy the hell out of me :mad:

I finally saw one the other day, it was rather specific though, not just a general Lysol or anything, it was about one my states politicians.