[Poll Closed] What Do You Believe?

wevsspot

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following most accurately describes your spiritual belief system

• Atheist
    • Agnostic
    • Christian (regardless of denomination including Catholic)
    • Muslim or Islam
    • Hindu
    • Judaism
    • Buddhist
    • Paganism
    • Other

Where is the option to be against religion? I'm not an "just" an atheist, I also think that anyone who believes in anything should be placed in a psychiatric hospital. I tried saying this as respectfully as possible.

I think some of the ideas behind religion is awesome, but I can't think of a good reason why any healthy human beign would believe in something that cannot be found proof of.

• Like 1

I can't think of a good reason why any healthy human being would believe in something that cannot be found proof of.
I've had a similar discussion with my father who is otherwise an incredibly open-minded and truthy kind of guy.

I myself completely believe in UNDERSTAND evolution and that there is not and never was a higher power of 'biblical' proportions.

Do I believe that somewhere there exists some higher intelligence?

Yes.

Does that have anything whatsoever to do with humans?

Nope.

Voted agnostic and judaism.

Same. I (surprisingly) try to live be the Jewish moral and ethical code of helping others, charity, etc, but I don't believe in a higher power.

By the way, where's the option for the Pastafarians?

Edited by Onion

I believe all humans should worship me and give me all their money and follow whatever orders I give in the name of whatever God they believe in. :P

I think you may have a flock.

post-73619-0-18047400-1338326319_thumb.jpg

I voted agnostic. There must be something more to it all than just this, but nobody really knows what. If we die, and that's it.. what's the point at living at all then? Our legacy? That generally will only last a couple to a few generations (with your descendants) unless you manage to make it into the history books. A purpose would be nice.

I (surprisingly) try to live be the Jewish moral and ethical code of helping others, charity, etc, but I don't believe in a higher power.
That's just called not being a dick.

Agnostic/Catholic.

Although the only thing that has really tied me to my religion is a silver necklace with a crucifix that I have worn for nearly the last 8 years straight.

I think the Church (Catholic, Christian, Baptist etc.) has plenty of good teachings and great morals and values but the fact remains its hypocritical and has a really poor past.

My Nan used to worry that her mum would never make it to heaven because she wasn't a born again Christian. Now that there is pretty sad imo, true things aren't like that anymore but it's certainly from where the church came, hard line on heaven and hell.

I don't think I believe in one of the other my mind is too rational and it's funny I sometimes have conversations with my other Gran about all sorts of things pertaining to the creation and end of the universe etc as well as climate change from a point of view of millions of years etc. and she goes to church every Sunday :)

I was watching something on the History Channel one time I think it was Mysteries of the Bible or something along those lines, and most of the mysteries in the Bible according to this show was caused by aliens or that is their theory, I think Ancient Aliens was an offshoot from this show.

Edited by slick2500

Why can't science and religion be buddies?

You would like what Albert Einstein has to say about religion then. They can be friends, it is just that too many people get caught up thinking they have to color in between the lines far too much instead of stepping back to realize the lines are only self-imposed.

...but I can't think of a good reason why any healthy human beign would believe in something that cannot be found proof of.

I wonder the same thing every election year :P