GTX 600s might release in April

Prunes

Sorry Nyt, but I think when he was talking about performance and pricing being jaw dropping, he was talking about both being high ;) Like I sd before AMD having the fastest single GPU card out is all a matter of scheduling the release and is short-lived. All of this coming from an AMD user!

Sorry Nyt, but I think when he was talking about performance and pricing being jaw dropping, he was talking about both being high ;)!

If you are talking about me I was talking about the price coming in lower then AMD, and this a maybe or a maybe not we shall see :)

If you are talking about me I was talking about the price coming in lower then AMD, and this a maybe or a maybe not we shall see :)

We'll see. If they actually have 1536 shaders in the top-end part...that's 3 times what's in a GTX580.

That.

Will.

Rock.

Well, a lot of rumors swirling around, like TMSC halting 28nm production: http://semiaccurate.com/2012/03/07/tsmc-suddenly-halts-28nm-production/ - this might affect Nvidia's pricing and/or availability (of that's what they'd have you believe)

Most likely the GTX 680 will replace the cost of the GTX 580 when it first launched, whilst performing around 30% faster than it. Prices for the GTX 580 have fallen from ~$550 to $450. The GTX 570's will probably move down to the $250 range, while the GTX 670 will take hold of the $400 range (with a GTX 660Ti equivalent taking the $325 range), and most likely have the similar performance of the HD 7970. That means AMD's got some pricing issues.

What will be interesting to see how all the cards will perform against the HD 7970, especially when all are overclocked.

Most likely the GTX 680 will replace the cost of the GTX 580 when it first launched, whilst performing around 30% faster than it.

Assuming rumors are true it will be a lot faster than that. :P

We'll see. If they actually have 1536 shaders in the top-end part...that's 3 times what's in a GTX580.

That.

Will.

Rock.

That does not necessarily represent a liner increase in performance

Assuming rumors are true it will be a lot faster than that. :P

More around 10% than the HD7970

Read :

Here are some key bits of information concerning the upcoming GeForce GTX 680, a performance single-GPU graphics card based on the 28 nm GK104 GPU by NVIDIA. The information, at face value, is credible, because we're hearing that a large contingent of the media that finds interest in the GPU industry, is attending the Game Developers Conference, where it could interact with NVIDIA, on the sidelines. The source, however, is citing people it spoke to at CeBIT.

First, and most interesting: with some models of the GeForce 600, NVIDIA will introduce a load-based clock speed-boost feature (think: Intel Turbo Boost), which steps up clock speeds of the graphics card when subjected to heavy loads. If there's a particularly stressing 3D scene for the GPU to render, it overclocks itself, and sees the scene through. This ensures higher minimum and average frame-rates.

Second, you probably already know this, but GK104 does indeed feature 1,536 CUDA cores, which lend it a strong number-crunching muscle that helps with shading, post-processing, and GPGPU.

Third, the many-fold increase in CUDA cores doesn't necessarily amount to a linear increase in performance, when compared to the previous generation. The GeForce GTX 680 is about 10% faster than Radeon HD 7970, in Battlefield 3. In the same comparison, the GTX 680 is slower than HD 7970 at 3DMark 11.

Fourth, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 will very much launch in this month. It won't exactly be a paper-launch, small quantities will be available for purchase, and only through select AIC partners. Quantities will pick up in later months.

Lastly, GK110, the crown-jewel of the Kepler GPU family, will feature as many as 2,304 CUDA cores. There's absolutely no word on its whereabouts. The fact that NVIDIA is working on a dual-GK104 graphics card indicates that we won't see this chip very soon.

Link : http://www.techpowerup.com/161972/GeForce-GTX-680-Features-Speed-Boost-Arrives-This-Month-etc.-etc..html

10% faster ? I think I'll skip this one, I can just OC my cards and get a lot more performance. That 2304 CUDA core GK110 looks interesting by probably not worth upgrading my cards for.

Im just going to keep my 28nm cards, they max out everything I want and I minght just probably WC them. I'll wait for the next 4608 CUDA core lower nm card in some years to come :P

That does not necessarily represent a liner increase in performance

More around 10% than the HD7970

Read :

Link : http://www.techpowerup.com/161972/GeForce-GTX-680-Features-Speed-Boost-Arrives-This-Month-etc.-etc..html

10% faster ? I think I'll skip this one, I can just OC my cards and get a lot more performance. That 2304 CUDA core GK110 looks interesting by probably not worth upgrading my cards for.

Im just going to keep my 28nm cards, they max out everything I want and I minght just probably WC them. I'll wait for the next 4608 CUDA core lower nm card in some years to come :P

Three times as many shaders should come out to far more than a measly 20-30% increase over a GTX 580. Sure, it won't be 3 times as fast...but double isn't out of the question.

Three times as many shaders should come out to far more than a measly 20-30% increase over a GTX 580. Sure, it won't be 3 times as fast...but double isn't out of the question.

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/epic-shows-samaritan-demo-running-on-next-generation-nvidia-kepler-gpu

You might be close to right there. Apparently this tech demo takes either one GK104 or 3x 580 SLI to run in realtime. :biggrin:

I somehow also missed that the GK104 is going to be the GTX680 even though there is still a behemoth GK110 to come. Apparently the GK104 was more on par with the 7970, so Nvidia decided to elevate it to a GTX680 instead of the rumored GTX660.. and elevate the price accordingly. :cry:

Apparently the GK110 is so much overkill they are going to wait on it and make a GK104 dual card.

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/epic-shows-samaritan-demo-running-on-next-generation-nvidia-kepler-gpu

You might be close to right there. Apparently this tech demo takes either one GK104 or 3x 580 SLI to run in realtime. :biggrin:

I somehow also missed that the GK104 is going to be the GTX680 even though there is still a behemoth GK110 to come. Apparently the GK104 was more on par with the 7970, so Nvidia decided to elevate it to a GTX680 instead of the rumored GTX660.. and elevate the price accordingly. :cry:

Apparently the GK110 is so much overkill they are going to wait on it and make a GK104 dual card.

One problem with that demo though is it isn't apples-to-apples. The link states they used FXAA instead of MSAA to increase performance. I'm not sure if the difference between the AA methods could lead to such an impressive comparison, but it is still inappropriate to say one 680 matches three 580s because there is currently no strong evidence supporting that.

My point is the information in that link doesn't necessarily say the 680 is that superior to the 580.

Now, if there really are going to be three times as many shaders, I want to see some PPD!

Did they show the Samaritan on AMD? It could be some sort of a stunt where they add the extra cards to make it seem like it's needed... I just want all the next gen architectures to be released... I am interested to the the GK110 being a single GPU though :) Must be have a massive die size, or is the Keplar mean to be very small...

One problem with that demo though is it isn't apples-to-apples. The link states they used FXAA instead of MSAA to increase performance. I'm not sure if the difference between the AA methods could lead to such an impressive comparison, but it is still inappropriate to say one 680 matches three 580s because there is currently no strong evidence supporting that.

My point is the information in that link doesn't necessarily say the 680 is that superior to the 580.

Now, if there really are going to be three times as many shaders, I want to see some PPD!

Totally right there. The 580 Triple SLI setup might have been overkill. The demo might have certain optimizations for kepler. FXAA is a good deal faster than MSAA too. I wouldn't trust the comparisons coming straight from Nvidia.

And yeah, I'm betting it will be BOSS at folding :lol: