Borderlands 2 coming September 18!

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do.. what.. uhh... was that person even trying to play the game or just going, "herp derp, this isn't Call of Duty!"?

Borderlands 2’s single-player campaign mode isn’t as good as what you’ll find in games like COD: Black Ops or the Medal of Honor series. There’s too much “feast-or-famine” hunting for tasks, supplies and a good battle for this to be a fun game all the way through.

What the actual ****?! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :pfp::mfp::pfp::mfp::pfp::mfp:

This is the comment I posted on that article:

Totally agree with Camda1. This may be one of the worst “game reviews” I have ever read. You really have no business reviewing video games as you clearly have no understanding of where BL2 fits in the gaming landscape, nor why BL1 was as popular and successful as it was.

If you work for WSJ, they should fire you. If you freelance for them, they should never ask for an article from you ever again. Yes, this is THAT bad.

Seriously...wtf?!

This may have been said before, but I love how they have set up the game and fixed little "kinks" in the game. For instance, being able to access multiple missions and picking up ammo for others at one time is soooo nice. Not to mention I think that Co-Op online runs a bit smoother in this as well.

Party up! Let's Shoot and Loot.

Edited by LurkingLabRat

This is the comment I posted on that article:

Seriously...wtf?!

It does crack me up how much he compared it to other games that are of the same FPS genre. I kept waiting for the original Doom and Wolfenstein to get a shout of from him since they are also FPS. I'm no critic or review writer, nor do I claim to be, but what was he trying to prove. I feel like he could of said, "Hey guys. I played Borderlands 2. I didn't like it as much as Halo or Call of Duty. So if you ask me, I wouldn't buy it." That would have saved a ton of people the 10 minutes or so of reading, since he obviously didn't understand what was mentioned by someone above, that the point of this game is not what COD or Halo or Medal of Honor are aiming to accomplish.

On a more personal note, I found myself hating the writer more and more as I read on. I love Borderlands and was extremely excited for Borderlands 2. Hoping that the ending of this one will be better than the previous, but overall I am still excited by each stage of the 2nd game so far. It's a blast to play this with friends.

Might have been posted already, but if you create an account for Shift in the Extras menu it gives you another Golden Key. You can also edit the DLC ini file to give you all the preorder bonuses :P

including the creature arena thingy?

including the creature arena thingy?

I believe so. I think I saw it say I unlocked something near something. I think they patched the Golden Keys one, but that would just ruin the fun of finding loot if you had unlimited golden keys :D

For people who want to cheat the system.

However if someone really wants to abuse golden keys, all they need is two people (at least one has the key.). Both join the same game and meet at golden chest. One person opens it and Alt+F4 without leaving the chest (doing so risks running into an auto-save point). When that person re-joins they still have the key and the chest is open. You can use this method for a lot of other stuff like duping items or farming Moxxi's tip jar achievement ($10,000).

Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "WillowDLC.ini" file in the "\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\POPremierClub\Lic" folder. Locate the following lines and update them to match how they are listed below to unlock all promo items:

[PromotionalUnlocks]

+UnlockId=1

+UnlockId=2

+UnlockId=3

+UnlockId=4

Cheat Code Central (http://s.tt/1npF1) <-- Has Easter egg spoilers and etc if you scroll down, so beware.

These aren't necessarily in order of how they appear in the ini file, but they're what I got when I edited the file to unlock all of the bonuses.

1. The Creature Dome from Gamestop.

2. Premiere Club(all preorders) - I presume for the purposes of this file, it's just the Gearbox Guns and Vault Hunter relic and not the free character DLC and golden key.

3. A special grenade mod(not sure what the source of this is)

4. Special character skins(Collectors Edition unlock)

Edited by AZNguyen