Able to play BF3 with ultra settings?

SkytTe

Hi there..

Just got BF3 installed at set to play, wuhuu! But I ran into some problems. I played for something like an hour at the preset ultra settings, which ran fine, until it started lagging like ****, making it impossible to play properly. So I was just wondering if my rig is even capable of running it at ultra settings. I did so with BC2, and as said, an hour this morning. My temps look fine. My GPU maxing at 72 C and my CPU maxing at something like 55 C.

Any ideas?

BF3 on ultra requires at least dual 6970/580 for max AA/AF

Only a 6970 or 570/580 could game on ultra without too much lag if you lower the AA

Well I was able to play it for like an hour with a 6870? And I don't think the ULTRA preset has maxed AA/AF

To sort of mimic ray ian, BF3 requires a lot of CPU power. Could it be possible that you had maybe a virus scanner that started to scan your pc, or maybe one of your cores crapped out under load. I would say that your problem is CPU dependent. If the GPU could run the game for an hour, then you should be fine in that department.

Try running prime 95 for a few hours. See if the system can run stable. If not, it might be time for an upgrade :whistling:

OT:

I was hoping I could play BF3 without any problem at ultra settings. We almost have the same rig, except for the Mobo, GPU and CPU.

:mellow:

uhh what? :mfp: ... motherboard, video card and cpu IS the entire system (stuff that matters). haha so you don't have almost the same rig.

I play it with no lag on the rig in my sig on Ultra. I don't have AA/AF maxed out because I can't see the difference on my older monitor so I would rather keep the FPS. I have a bit more CPU than you do, but your RAM is faster...interesting.

I play it with no lag on the rig in my sig on Ultra. I don't have AA/AF maxed out because I can't see the difference on my older monitor so I would rather keep the FPS. I have a bit more CPU than you do, but your RAM is faster...interesting.

FXAA 2x will smooth stuff out more with little FPS loss, AF 4x is noticeable, look at textures at extreme angles with off vs 4x, then 8x probably hit Fps too hard to really matter, this is from my experience.

I have a higher GPU, a lower end CPU and a lower mobo. Thanks for pointing that out though. :cheers:

And exactly what are they? Only saying higher & lower doesn't make any sense.

saw it. Yes you can.

Edited by d6bmg