What Is Your 2011 GOTY?

bilcliff

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Game of The Year (GOTY) for 2011?

• La Noire
    • Witcher 2
    • Portal 2
    • Infamous 2
    • Deus Ex Human Revolution
    • Dead Island
    • Gear of War 3
    • Batman Arkham City
    • Battlefield 3
    • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
    • The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
    • Assassins Creed Revalations
    • Uncharted 3
    • Saints Row The Third
    • Serious Sam 3
    • Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Bastion
    • Terraria
    • Dead Space 2
    • Little Big Planet 2
    • Other (Specify In comments)

First off I apologise if i've missed a title. i went through the game releases for 2011 and tried to get all the big ones. This year really was a big year in gaming. I've excluded any title that was released on another platform in a prior year i.e. mass effect 2, Limbo, fable 3. Hopefully some games other than Skyrim get some votes, although i expect it will end up being the most popular

Personally, i've only played about half of those listed and only finished about half of them. So based on what i've played I'd have to go with Portal 2, followed by Deus Ex Human Revolution and an honourable mention to LA Noire. For me, out of all the game's i've played this year Portal 2 is the only one that I'd call flawless. To me it was a perfect 10. Excellent voice acting, great humour, decent length, i never encountered any bugs. I had a lot of fun with Portal 2. Its just a shame it was released in the same calendar year as skyrim. otherwise it would get a lot more votes for GOTY from the gaming media.

What's your GOTY for 2011?

Edited by bilcliff

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed Crysis 2 and RAGE :)

I have to say Skyrim. Its the only game that provides 50+ hours of fun. Deus Ex was also very good

i did have crysis 2 there but then i realised i'd have to put bulletstorm (which was very good IMO), resistance 3, homefront, killzone 3, Fear 3 and the list goes on :P. Like i said there were so many big titles this year it was hard to limit it. But i admit i genuinely forgot about RAGE even though its on my steam wishlist :lol:

Portal 2 without a doubt, and for the same reason as FUZi0N. I couldn't stop playing it, stayed up all night and finished it, all the while yawning and telling myself "ok just one more test". I then did it again the next night. And again a few days later. The wit, the story, the freaking awesome physics everywhere, made the game an amazing experience for me.

I must admit that Skyrim looks very much addictive too, but so far I've managed to not get it. It or MW3 will probably win any GOTY competition with large numbers of voters.

For me the clear winner is Skyrim. I have over 70 hours of game time and have only scratched the surface of content. It has been a long time since a game so completely captivated me.

I have to say BF3. I think that's only because I haven't played Skyrim yet and won't until Christmas.

But really, BF3 has provided me with 40 hours of gameplay just on multiplayer, not counting SP or Co-op. I love this game so far and it's only getting better with every patch.

My runner up without question is The Witcher 2. Simply an amazing game, and it also is getting better with every patch/DLC (always free). This is really a very well made action RPG with a heavy emphasis on mature storytelling and it is truly one for the ages. :D