bilcliff

What Is Your 2011 GOTY?

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Game of The Year (GOTY) for 2011?

• La Noire
    • Witcher 2
    • Portal 2
    • Infamous 2
    • Deus Ex Human Revolution
    • Dead Island
    • Gear of War 3
    • Batman Arkham City
    • Battlefield 3
    • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
    • The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
    • Assassins Creed Revalations
    • Uncharted 3
    • Saints Row The Third
    • Serious Sam 3
    • Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Bastion
    • Terraria
    • Dead Space 2
    • Little Big Planet 2
    • Other (Specify In comments)

Unchated 3 was just off the hook. Had it all. BF3 close 2nd. Skyrim will probably win the actual award when given out though.

MW3 gets garbage of the year.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Another vote for portal 2. My friend and I literally sat down and played through the entire single player in one sitting, then got together and played through the entire multiplayer right after. I have 14 hours in portal 2 and all of them were done in one sitting. Now we are waiting for more multiplayer DLC to come out so we can play it again.

Ironically enough I only played two of those games, and since Dead Island was a pile of crap I guess Portal 2 wins. :whistling:

If I hadn't gone from no issues, to some issues, to MASSIVE issues to what seems to be stable in the latest patch it would be a lot harder choice between BF3 and Skyrim, but since I did Skyrim gets my vote.

The Witcher 2 for me. I think that game was absolutely amazing. They had a completely new engine that gave the game a very impressive look. Probably the best graphics of all the games for this year. Also great voice acting, story, music and awesome gameplay, completely different from the first game but way more dynamic and cool. They also included the Insane difficulty that not many other games have. Finally there's the great support for the game with the patches and in particular the recent patch 2.0 that included a cool new arena mode with learderboards, also added extra difficulty for the main story with exclusive items for it and a ton of bug fixes and ballance tweaks. Those are only the big things but there are a lot more smaller things that make this game better than the rest.

I voted other. I just can't enjoy single player games any more and FPS are meh for me.

MMOG all the way, and hopefully SWTOR will be on top of my list once 20th comes around. :biggrin: