How often do you reboot / restart your primary computer?

neddamttocs

77 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you reboot / restart your primary computer?

• Several times per day
    • Once per day
    • Several times per week, but less than daily.
    • Once per week
    • Bi-weekly
    • Once per month
    • Bi-monthly
    • Every 6 months
    • A few times per year
    • Reboot? What are you talking about?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turn off every night and turn on every morning.

And being an avid overclocker, I often have to reboot when an OC fails or my pc freezes :P

If you're overclock is stable you shouldn't be freezing at all. :P

Usually bi-weekly with my laptop. When I'm done using it, I just put it into standby mode. It only gets restarted when an update/program is installed, or when it starts becoming slower than normal.

I usually shut my desktop down when I'm not using it. So daily, sometimes several times daily.

I chose bi-weekly, because my laptop is my primary computer atm. That will change, in about a month.

Since my power costs are somewhat high I leave my machine off unless I'm using it...so it essentially gets turned off every night and turned back on whenever I get home the next day. If I wasn't paying so much for power I'd just leave it on 24/7.

stupid.gifstupid.gif

Unless I'm downloading something big and i want it to be done by the time i get home. I almost always turn my computer off at night, and back on whenever i get home. So sometimes it stays on all night to download something, or i turn it on before i goto work to download something, but for the most part its normally off.

Seems to be damn near every windows update, sure love the Linux rigs have had over 6 months up time folding 100% load before the electricity would go out.and have to power them back on. I see what the old saying means about try Linux and you will see what you been missing while rebooting windows...

After reading some of the comments, I'm in the minority. I typically leave my PC (really belongs to my sister) OFF when I'm done using it. I usually reboot after software updates from Microsoft and others. I'm not strapped for cash but I don't like wasting energy and money. Turn the lights off when you leave the room... that's my thinking. I want to try folding one day... so things will change when that time comes.

some times in the week but less than 1 per day..

I leave online mmorpg ...

waste of time but this has became a vicious.. no afk 24/7 no up.. or pay for gold servers a lot of money .. no way-

anyway electricy cost will triplicate here for a reason I don't know so that probably is gonna end soon.