How often do you reboot / restart your primary computer?

neddamttocs

77 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you reboot / restart your primary computer?

• Several times per day
    • Once per day
    • Several times per week, but less than daily.
    • Once per week
    • Bi-weekly
    • Once per month
    • Bi-monthly
    • Every 6 months
    • A few times per year
    • Reboot? What are you talking about?

Sorry about the late poll this week, but here is the poll. This time we are using an older poll again because much has changed since we last asked, and on to the question .....

How often do you reboot / restart your primary computer?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i reboot my pc whenever there is a windows update or a driver is forcing me to. or when i get a random BSOD(about twice a week) :biggrin:

I don't get BSOD's, but I agree with the rest. I only reboot if Windows (Vista x64) update or a piece of software I'm installing is forcing me to. And then I try to postpone it as much as I can. I think this option should be added to the poll.

BTW, for some reason my XP laptop at work requires me to reboot it every couple of days or it just doesn't work well.

Since my power costs are somewhat high I leave my machine off unless I'm using it...so it essentially gets turned off every night and turned back on whenever I get home the next day. If I wasn't paying so much for power I'd just leave it on 24/7.

It's hard to say how often I restart. I used to turn it off every night, but now that I'm folding on it 24/7 it usually stays on until there's a Windows update or until I trip the circuit breaker, which seems to be about every other week. lol2.gif

:withstupid: