Ron Paul

flareback

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like Ron Paul?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know / Don't know anything about him.

Some of his ideas are just to far out there, and will never get any support from the majority.

Ending the fed for example, is impossible. He will never get congressional support on ideas like this...

Personally the GOP needs a moderate if they hop to beat Obama. Mitt Romney is the guy who could beat Obama, as much as it pains conservatives to think about it.

A Presidential canadite needs a certain persona about him/her. They need to be charismatic too....

Ron Paul isn't... What captured peoples attention about Obama was how well spoken he was, he is a great speaker... Romney is pretty well spoken too, and he has that "good looking" "Kennedy" like persona about him, but still shows that he is aware of the average American...

The way you win an election is by drawing the undecideds... The liberals and Conservatives are already locked in, so you need a candidate who can get those swing votes, a super hardcore conservative, or liberal cannot achieve this... Obama is by no means super Liberal. I think his track record on some issues proves that. Such as foreign policy...

I currently don't support any of the candidates, so don't think I am leaning to the left or the right lol...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of his ideas are just to far out there, and will never get any support from the majority.

Ending the fed for example, is impossible. He will never get congressional support on ideas like this...

Personally the GOP needs a moderate if they hop to beat Obama. Mitt Romney is the guy who could beat Obama, as much as it pains conservatives to think about it.

A Presidential canadite needs a certain persona about him/her. They need to be charismatic too....

Ron Paul isn't... What captured peoples attention about Obama was how well spoken he was, he is a great speaker... Romney is pretty well spoken too, and he has that "good looking" "Kennedy" like persona about him, but still shows that he is aware of the average American...

The way you win an election is by drawing the undecideds... The liberals and Conservatives are already locked in, so you need a candidate who can get those swing votes, a super hardcore conservative, or liberal cannot achieve this... Obama is by no means super Liberal. I think his track record on some issues proves that. Such as foreign policy...

I currently don't support any of the candidates, so don't think I am leaning to the left or the right lol...

I agree. The only thing that is going to be hard for the GOP is to find their champion right now. Mit Romney would bot win against Obama unless he puts on some sort of massive campaign, and Newt Gingrich has burned far too many bridges with the republicans to get their support.

Currently, there aren't any good candidates. I would vote for Ron paul simply because he does not fall prey to a lot of the politician crap (ie not reading bills all the way through, doesn't like BS, and he is not going to have an afair in office :P ) . I think that out of all the candidates, Ron paul and John McCain are the two candidates that would actually lead our country rather than being some pretty faced politics with their minds in their own pockets.

This nonsense of finding someone who will beat oboma is nonsense though. I think people are done with Obama if you know what I mean, and I think that even if the GOP candidate was one of the people on the website, that people would care. As long as the choice is between Obama dn anyone else on this planet, the other person will win. If they do not, I am moving to china because I have gotten so tired of this political nonsense.

I do agree with you that whoever wins will be the one to get those swing votes though. I just hope my write in candidate of Lewis Black will get him to run for office.

Here are some things I think are wrong with the country:

1. Losing freedoms almost on a weekly basis.

2. Fighting stupid wars against a made up enemy.

4. Getting involved in too many other countries affairs.

5. Letting China get thier hands into everything.

6. The money system.

7. Political corruption.

8. Politicians telling me what morals to live by when they can't do it themselves.

9. Our countries sovereignty being threatened.

10. Government agencies being totally dysfunctional. (FBI, CIA, IRS, ICE etc)

11. Social programs that don't work and need overhauls. (SS, Medicare, Medicaid etc)

12. Healthcare plan that actually is a healthcare plan. Not this POS that Obama and his cronies passed. (Read some of it there are a bunch of things that have little to do with healthcare and are more invasion of privacy) Loss of freedoms once again.

All these things are things that Ron Paul has acknowledged as problems. Can he fix them all? Absolutley not. Why? because I know the THEY won't allow it. I would at least like to see him ruffle some feathers.

Almost forgot the thing that sums it up. Politicians taking a big dump on the CONSTITUTION. Just tired of it.

Edited by InCrYsIs

6. The money system.

7. Political corruption.

8. Politicians telling me what morals to live by when they can't do it themselves.

11. Social programs that don't work and need overhauls. (SS, Medicare, Medicaid etc)

12. Healthcare plan that actually is a healthcare plan. Not this POS that Obama and his cronies passed. (Read some of it there are a bunch of things that have little to do with healthcare and are more invasion of privacy) Loss of freedoms once again.

All these things are things that Ron Paul has acknowledged as problems. Can he fix them all? Absolutley not. Why? because I know the THEY won't allow it. I would at least like to see him ruffle some feathers.

Almost forgot the thing that sums it up. Politicians taking a big dump on the CONSTITUTION. Just tired of it.

Sounds like you'd be a fan of Ralph Nader, especially with #12 down there. thumbsup3.gif

Ron Paul isn't... What captured peoples attention about Obama was how well spoken he was, he is a great speaker...

Yes, everyone already knows that a presidential candidate needs to be good at BSing people. :lol:

Obama isn't well spoken, he's black, that's why he caught people's attention. His skin color was the only issue anyone ever really took notice of during his entire running for presidency.

6. The money system.

7. Political corruption.

:withstupid:

Agree with everything there, specifically point 1 and the final sentence. It's just sickening to see congress rape the constitution and the american people don't care. This is why Ron Paul can't get support and won't be in office, it's because majority of americans are too stupid to care about real and very important issues. Most americans would rather cast their vote on stupid social issues like a abortion or smoking.

First off, the poll nonsense needs to stop. Not just ron paul, but every body in the GOP race. However, I guarantee you most Americans would like a gold standard. Don't know why you think a gold standard is a bad idea though. I think it might be a pipe dream because you would have to either raise the price of gold up so high that all the extra money we printed is balances out, or we have to burn a hell of a lot of money. However, you make it sound like it is this terrible idea. Either that is not your intent, or it is your intent and you need therapy.

The gold standard would do 2 things.

1.) Keep inflation in check by not allowing the gov't to just print money. That means that if I bury $100 dollars in the ground, my grandkids could dig it up 100 years later and still have the same buying power as when I buried it.

2.) Keeps the politicians from running up too much debt. They can't just print money and put my kids in debt to the tune of a gazillion dollars before they're born.

I'm sure there is a way to go back on the gold standard. I actually read on article on it a couple of months ago. The basic idea was that you don't just say "Tomorrow we're going on the gold standard". You have to set a date and actually work towards it.

Oh, and the reason I didn't include all the GOP candidates was because I wasn't interested in knowing who people were voting for. I was interested in thoughts on Ron Paul.

The gold standard would do 2 things.

1.) Keep inflation in check by not allowing the gov't to just print money. That means that if I bury $100 dollars in the ground, my grandkids could dig it up 100 years later and still have the same buying power as when I buried it.

2.) Keeps the politicians from running up too much debt. They can't just print money and put my kids in debt to the tune of a gazillion dollars before they're born.

I'm sure there is a way to go back on the gold standard. I actually read on article on it a couple of months ago. The basic idea was that you don't just say "Tomorrow we're going on the gold standard". You have to set a date and actually work towards it.

Oh, and the reason I didn't include all the GOP candidates was because I wasn't interested in knowing who people were voting for. I was interested in thoughts on Ron Paul.

Exactly. The problem is that we have way to much currency floating around and the price of gold is set by the IMF. Right now the price of gold is 1,621 dollars per ounce. That means that for every ounce our country has in fort knox and other gold reserves we would have to have 1621 dollars to back it up to bring it to a 1 for one ratio (sort of). However, since we have printed so much more money as it already stands, we would have to burn a lot of it to return to a fixed gold standard. If we were to say right now that we were to jump to a gold standard with out the elimination of circulating money, civilization would collapse because the dollar would loose a massive amount of value.

The other option is we have everyone give up their gold. Gold jewelry, coins, watches, teeth, and everything else to replenish fort knox to balance out the amount of money we have.

I think the gold standard will be the saving grace of this country if someone could pull it off, but be prepared for a thorny path getting there.

Since he's linked to multiple white supremacist groups, I don't think I would ever vote for him.

Source?

I've never seen or heard of this until now. Pretty sure if he was linking to the KKK, FOX news would be all over it.

Source?

I've never seen or heard of this until now. Pretty sure if he was linking to the KKK, FOX news would be all over it.

Fox news doesn't bother because they already know he can't win.

Here is a source for you to read up on about ol whitey.

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/ronpaulnaziskkkelectionsvotersusiowagopisraeljewishchristiansiranislamicterrorismcaucuswarlibertyblacksbarackobamarepublicansdemocrats48010212.html