Ron Paul

flareback

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like Ron Paul?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know / Don't know anything about him.

Ron Paul says "today there was a national poll that came out and they were talking about how many people supported the gold standard. How long has it been since they've taken a national poll on the gold standard? And guess what? The majority of the American people believe we should have a gold standard and not a paper standard" for U.S. currency.

Paul says "the majority of the American people believe we should have a gold standard and not a paper standard." But the polls his campaign cited to back up that claim surveyed likely Republican primary voters in three states -- not voters nationwide. The one national poll that addressed this question found 44 percent in favor of a gold standard, and that isn’t a majority.

Ron Paul says “The individual suffering from AIDS certainly is a victim — frequently a victim of his own lifestyle — but this same individual victimizes innocent citizens by forcing them to pay for his care,” Paul wrote.

Employee rights are said to be valid when employers pressure employees into sexual activity,” Paul wrote. “Why don’t they quit once the so-called harassment starts? Obviously the morals of the harasser cannot be defended, but how can the harassee escape some responsibility for the problem? Seeking protection under civil rights legislation is hardly acceptable"

I have read these and some other quotes really really really good and can't find any reason to like Ron Paul very much.

**Edited to add more profound quotes

Edited by Kingfisher

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants to keep our country isolated(don't agree). He wants to allow countries like Iran and Syria and even the fine people of palatine(Hamas) freedom to wreak havoc on the world(destroy Israel).

NO! You are missing all the freaking points. Isolationism is good for a country in our current state. We are taking on WAY too many people into our country for our economic standings to hold them and us up. He doesn't mean that we are going to be like North Korea. He means that we are going to keep immigration limited and well maintained, and that we aren't going to let every company slip out into China to avoid taxes either. It isn't like you are going to have to cancel your trip to Italy because Ron Paul has guards stopping you from leaving the country. He uses the word isolationism because he doesn't want to say that he will regulate immigration and emigration. He just wants to keep people out so that we can actually regroup as a country and take yet another factor out of our economic instability.

Ron Paul does not want to see the middle east in turmoil. He wants people to fight their own battles. He is arguing that America should not be the police of the world. Now the only problem I have with the Muslims is their treatment of women. You can have whatever culture you like, but you do not get to hurt other people in the process. I would really like to join the military just so I can go to a stoning event and just start killing all the men there. Jihad on white people? How about jihad on sexiest heartless bastards? So to let the whole Arab world fight their own fight is indeed a little bit too neglectful for my taste and that is where I differ from Ron paul, but to think that he wants to see senseless strife in the middle east to continue you are so far wrong it is not even funny.

Curiously, how is social security good? I understand that many seniors depend on it right now but it can hardly be described as providing a good living for them. Plus I got a letter last year stating that I had put in $10,000 but would only be recieving $8000 back when I retire (I don't remember the amounts and can't find the letter but the idea was I would get less than I put in). How is that good? I could have put that $10,000 aside and still had my $10,000 plus interest. I'm not seeing anything good about social security.

In my opionion Social Security is not about me, or my $10,000, $8,000 or more. It is about the fact that the poverty rate for the elderly substantially decreased since it went into affect. If you want to see just how much check here.

The fact is it doesn't matter, Ron Paul, Barack Obama. For any President to even make a difference (without the few executive orders here and there) they need a Congress and Senate that backs their policies. Since the Republicans got elected last cycle, Obama has had a hard time getting anything passed through the Senate, and not a damn thing of his has gone though the Congress, except some budget bills. So, don't think electing Ron Paul would change anything. All he could do is veto bills if he doesn't like them, but if he doesn't have a libertarian Congress and Senate than everything he wants is gone the day he was signed in.

Ron Paul says "today there was a national poll that came out and they were talking about how many people supported the gold standard. How long has it been since they've taken a national poll on the gold standard?

Lol

However, I agree with the gold standard. It keeps inflation in check and actually gives your currency something to back it up. It goes along with what others have been saying. In some ways he has good ideas, but in others he is just a lunatic.

I also don't like Obama, but for me it is because he is not liberal enough. I am still waiting for another FDR to get rid of the horrible Ronald Regan aftertaste that is still our our mouths,

Ron Paul says "today there was a national poll that came out and they were talking about how many people supported the gold standard. How long has it been since they've taken a national poll on the gold standard? And guess what? The majority of the American people believe we should have a gold standard and not a paper standard" for U.S. currency.

Paul says "the majority of the American people believe we should have a gold standard and not a paper standard." But the polls his campaign cited to back up that claim surveyed likely Republican primary voters in three states -- not voters nationwide. The one national poll that addressed this question found 44 percent in favor of a gold standard, and that isn’t a majority.

I read that really really really good and can't find any reason to like Ron Paul very much.

First off, the poll nonsense needs to stop. Not just ron paul, but every body in the GOP race. However, I guarantee you most Americans would like a gold standard. Don't know why you think a gold standard is a bad idea though. I think it might be a pipe dream because you would have to either raise the price of gold up so high that all the extra money we printed is balances out, or we have to burn a hell of a lot of money. However, you make it sound like it is this terrible idea. Either that is not your intent, or it is your intent and you need therapy.

Haha, well it's ok, Ron Paul doesn't make much sense to me either. He wants to limit government (I agree) he wants to follow the constitution (I agree). He wants to keep our country isolated(don't agree). He wants to allow countries like Iran and Syria and even the fine people of palatine(Hamas) freedom to wreak havoc on the world(destroy Israel).

Strange indeed

Hey hey, one of my best friends is Syrian. I find what you say about his country offensive. Sure there may be some radical people in his country but not everyone there is out to get us. It just seems like some sort of paranoid delusion.

NO! You are missing all the freaking points. Isolationism is good for a country in our current state. We are taking on WAY too many people into our country for our economic standings to hold them and us up. He doesn't mean that we are going to be like North Korea. He means that we are going to keep immigration limited and well maintained, and that we aren't going to let every company slip out into China to avoid taxes either. It isn't like you are going to have to cancel your trip to Italy because Ron Paul has guards stopping you from leaving the country. He uses the word isolationism because he doesn't want to say that he will regulate immigration and emigration. He just wants to keep people out so that we can actually regroup as a country and take yet another factor out of our economic instability.

Ron Paul does not want to see the middle east in turmoil. He wants people to fight their own battles. He is arguing that America should not be the police of the world. Now the only problem I have with the Muslims is their treatment of women. You can have whatever culture you like, but you do not get to hurt other people in the process. I would really like to join the military just so I can go to a stoning event and just start killing all the men there. Jihad on white people? How about jihad on sexiest heartless bastards? So to let the whole Arab world fight their own fight is indeed a little bit too neglectful for my taste and that is where I differ from Ron paul, but to think that he wants to see senseless strife in the middle east to continue you are so far wrong it is not even funny.

While you are over there saving the Muslim women you will have your hands full saving the Israeli women too. There won't be any men left either because they would wipe out Israel the second we turned our backs.

Hey hey, one of my best friends is Syrian. I find what you say about his country offensive. Sure there may be some radical people in his country but not everyone there is out to get us. It just seems like some sort of paranoid delusion.

I hate to break the news but "some radical people" happen to be in power there. Cheer up

While you are over there saving the Muslim women you will have your hands full saving the Israeli women too. There won't be any men left either because they would wipe out Israel the second we turned our backs.

1: What the hell are you talking about

2: Are you freaking stupid? Israel has one of the best armies in the world. They have tanks lined up at the boarder, enough air support to level Iran into a parking lot, and their soldiers are trained in Cra Maga (probably not spelled right) fighting style. If you gave me a choice between fighting a navy seal or an Israeli foot soldier, I would probably take on 3 seals before I took on the foot soldier. The only reason our military is better is because it is bigger. If Israel were bigger, they would have a better military than us. So to you and to all the other little idiots out there that think for a second Israel needs out help, consider this your wake up call because guess what. Israel is comping at the bit to turn all their adversaries into dust. We are the ones keeping them calm.

First off, the poll nonsense needs to stop. Not just ron paul, but every body in the GOP race. However, I guarantee you most Americans would like a gold standard. Don't know why you think a gold standard is a bad idea though. I think it might be a pipe dream because you would have to either raise the price of gold up so high that all the extra money we printed is balances out, or we have to burn a hell of a lot of money. However, you make it sound like it is this terrible idea. Either that is not your intent, or it is your intent and you need therapy.

No the gold standard WAS not is a good idea

Lets assume ol ronny gets elected and returns us to the standard

We have approx 445B in gold at ft Knox to pay off the trillions in debt owed to china Japan etc. That math doesn't add up.

How do business with no gold start up? And last but not least Ronny better have the house and senate at his back to even consider passing legislation for it.

1: What the hell are you talking about

2: Are you freaking stupid? Israel has one of the best armies in the world. They have tanks lined up at the boarder, enough air support to level Iran into a parking lot, and their soldiers are trained in Cra Maga (probably not spelled right) fighting style. If you gave me a choice between fighting a navy seal or an Israeli foot soldier, I would probably take on 3 seals before I took on the foot soldier. The only reason our military is better is because it is bigger. If Israel were bigger, they would have a better military than us. So to you and to all the other little idiots out there that think for a second Israel needs out help, consider this your wake up call because guess what. Israel is comping at the bit to turn all their adversaries into dust. We are the ones keeping them calm.

Can't win a debate? Resort to name calling. Classy.

I hate to break the news but "some radical people" happen to be in power there. Cheer up

Dude Syria has its problems but for the most part that leader is a lot better than others. I would say that the PRESIDENT (you know, that type of leader that is not a dictator) of Syria is not the most liberal of people on this planet, but he is certainly not a radical. You might be confusing that with Libya and the late Qaddafi perhaps?

You better start coming up with some seriously good explanations for your thinking, because you are starting to sound like some sort of republican radical that thinks that Israel is a baby bunny rabbit that needs protecting and that all Arabs are terrorists. NOT THAT YOU HAVE SAID THAT, so I am not putting words in your mouth, but you might want to start evaluating what you say.

Can't win a debate? Resort to name calling. Classy.

Dude, it is not a matter of calling you names, it is that fact that you are freaking scaring the crap out of me. Do you seriously not know this stuff? I am genuinely concerned.

2nd: What debate? This is not a debate. You are just flat out wrong and I am calling you on your BS. If there were a debate, we would be arguing our way of thinking. We could debate whether or not Ron Paul should get the GOP seat, but right now this is just a plain fact finding mission for you to understand what the heck is going on in the middle east with no "way of thinking" involved.