Ron Paul

flareback

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like Ron Paul?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know / Don't know anything about him.

just about anyone is better than who we have now

That's what everyone said during the last election, how about we all actually put in some effort and elect someone this time around that we don't have say that again next time around. :whistling:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say that Ron Paul is better then most of the other republican candidates out there right know although I don't think he's got much of a chance because like someone said earlier he's got a lot of ideas that a lot of people don't agree with

That's what everyone said during the last election, how about we all actually put in some effort and elect someone this time around that we don't have say that again next time around. :whistling:

i abstained from voting in 2008 because it was bad joke told by the media and we were the punchline

and i strongly suspect 2012 will be no different :google:

That's the problem. Neither of your two corporate-controlled parties will be any better than the other. Your only other option is to vote for a third party, and even then you might not like who you get.

• 2 months later...

22 percent finishing 3rd in Iowa. Ron is looking pretty good. Don't think he will make it but it is good to see he is getting some support. Sorry Ms. Bachmann we hardly knew you. One establishment loser down with four to go. Go Ron!!

I don't understand why the media won't give Ron Paul air time. I guess they're afraid of his ideas. I just saw this article about his plan to balance the budget.

I don't know a lot about him but I did read this article and some of these ideas are terrible. Really, a 30% cut to the EPA! Completely disregarding foreign aid? I don't even know what "block-granting " is but I would certainly need to know the programs he plans on doing this to will continue! No dep't of energy???

The best thing he could do is mentioned in the article:

We somehow doubt that even Paul will go as far as proposing a much needed overhaul of campaign finance, which basically forces every politician to wear sponsorship tags of all the Wall Street banks that have "gifted" a given politician and/or president in the past 5 years, but we can surely hope.

He seems like he MIGHT have his heart in the right place but that's all I can really say...

I heard a political commentator on Dennis Miller the other day talking about Ron Paul. He was explaining how he liked the guy and even some of his ideas. he talked about how he might disagree with some of his stuff but Paul made arguments that could really make some of his stuff stick. However he explained for him the turn of of Paul was the followers. He explained half of them are nuts they walk up to you at a meal and asked you if you are voting for Paul and if you do not say yes they will not leave you alone until they have given you a 20 minutes explanation of why Paul is great and if you still do not say yes they just say you do not get it and walk away shaking their heads.

I laughed during this guys talk because I had seen exactly that at a local eatery a month ago. I was sitting at Golden Corral when the waiter for our table introduced himself and was wearing this HUGE Ron Paul button. He came back to the table 15 minutes later having recognized my voice from my show and asked if I endorsed Paul. I explained that I was not sure yet who I was going to vote for. For the next 15 minutes he would make a point of walking by the table and giving my Paul factoids. Then some of his friends came in and he directed them to sit at the table next to me where they started talking to me about Paul. I finally called over the manager and complained that I was trying to enjoy a dinner with the family and was not here for a political campaign.

No joke we moved the his flunky friends followed us to keep the conversation going despite the fact I would not engage. We finally had to leave, the manager gave us the meal for free and I found out the waiter got fired 2 days later for doing the same thing to other customers.

Hard to really have a good opinion of Paul when some of his followers actually harass you for not liking him.

I heard a political commentator on Dennis Miller the other day talking about Ron Paul. He was explaining how he liked the guy and even some of his ideas. he talked about how he might disagree with some of his stuff but Paul made arguments that could really make some of his stuff stick. However he explained for him the turn of of Paul was the followers. He explained half of them are nuts they walk up to you at a meal and asked you if you are voting for Paul and if you do not say yes they will not leave you alone until they have given you a 20 minutes explanation of why Paul is great and if you still do not say yes they just say you do not get it and walk away shaking their heads.

I laughed during this guys talk because I had seen exactly that at a local eatery a month ago. I was sitting at Golden Corral when the waiter for our table introduced himself and was wearing this HUGE Ron Paul button. He came back to the table 15 minutes later having recognized my voice from my show and asked if I endorsed Paul. I explained that I was not sure yet who I was going to vote for. For the next 15 minutes he would make a point of walking by the table and giving my Paul factoids. Then some of his friends came in and he directed them to sit at the table next to me where they started talking to me about Paul. I finally called over the manager and complained that I was trying to enjoy a dinner with the family and was not here for a political campaign.

No joke we moved the his flunky friends followed us to keep the conversation going despite the fact I would not engage. We finally had to leave, the manager gave us the meal for free and I found out the waiter got fired 2 days later for doing the same thing to other customers.

Hard to really have a good opinion of Paul when some of his followers actually harass you for not liking him.

Do not let that discourage you. I had people do the same thing for Obama and he is now the president. People at work while I am working, people while I am eating or just on the street. I wasn't interested but I also felt hey they are fighting for what they believe so I never got angry. But that may have been because I wasn't too fond of his opponent. And yes I voted for McCain. I say give Ron Paul a chance. I hope I am getting it right. He doesn't seem like an establishment guy at all which is why he probably won't get the nomination. Honestly, can it get worse?

I don't want to start a flame war, so the only thing I'll say about him is that he is the kind of person that see the world in terms of Atlas Shrugged. Infer what you want from that.

He is great on national defense. However, I would never support anyone that wants to get rid of social security, medicaid and just about any other good social program we have.

I'm with you Hippi

He is great on national defense. However, I would never support anyone that wants to get rid of social security, medicaid and just about any other good social program we have.

I'm with you Hippi

Curiously, how is social security good? I understand that many seniors depend on it right now but it can hardly be described as providing a good living for them. Plus I got a letter last year stating that I had put in $10,000 but would only be recieving $8000 back when I retire (I don't remember the amounts and can't find the letter but the idea was I would get less than I put in). How is that good? I could have put that $10,000 aside and still had my $10,000 plus interest. I'm not seeing anything good about social security.

I guess it's on of those agree to disagree things on a lot of his terms, however (despite what I've said before) I think he's the best candidate so far in terms of someone who will ACTUALLY do something.