youtube is offically the devil

cirro

TV is not a baby sitter and neither is the internet. I don't get why parents get mad at either of them, it is your responsibility to control what is getting shoved into your kids head.

You should also know that the healthy amount of television a child his age should watch is zero hour per day. Also most children under 12 can not distinguish between what is fake cartoons and what is reality.

You shouldn't blame youtube, and you know who I am blaming.

You should also know that the healthy amount of television a child his age should watch is zero hour per day.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that kids under 2 years old not watch any TV and that those older than 2 watch no more than 1 to 2 hours a day of quality programming.

really? zero hours? man, sorry adriel, daddy isn't going to let you watch nursery rhymes, i guess i better throw away your you can read DVD too

alot of things around the science nature i learned from , discovery/science channel.

my son is into dinosaurs right now, and thats his #1. so im sorry that i found a cartoon with decent morals and applicable trials of lying,friendship, and being a good person that happened to haven dinosaurs in it

when i was his age, reading rainbow, mr. rogers and a bunch of other shows got me into education.

im not amish, and i don't think my child should be deprived of things that i pay so much for. he deserves to use the internet as i.

i guess im a idiot for not knowing in advance what random add would be placed inbetween his shows.

i don't really watch tv, my mainstream of television comes from the net. my family barely watches any.

movies are my weakness though.

trying to assum my child is being babysitted because he enjoys a show that he happens to have what he is into is ridiculous

he is 4, he doesnt have to earn the right to enjoy his life.

Blocking ads isn't piracy. I just prefer not to be face raped with annoying ads everywhere I go online. I also change radio stations when they play commercials too. *insert random rant* Or ffs...start telling me what the daily price of corn is...like wtf? Just because I listen to country doesn't mean I give a flying . how much corn is going for. Do they really think that their average listener needs to know that? Theres probably 1 farmer to 500 other listeners and guess what...that farmer probably gets his info straight from the source. He isn't going to sit around the radio intently listening for that time of the hour of when they list the prices of .. Must be a Missouri thing -.-

IMO it's mostly a waste of the company's money anyways. I'd like to think that not all people are so mindless as to see a commercial and then suddenly feel the urge to spend their money on whatever it was they just saw. Like say I want a Dr. Pepper. Then a coke/pepsi commercial comes on. Guess what...I still want a Dr. Pepper. I can see advertising being worth it on the local lvel only. Like maybe a Olive Garden opens up in the area they would want to let people know. Or any other new business. But I feel national level advertising is a waste of their money for the most part.

Believe me, as a huge fan of AdblockPlus, I agree with you 100%. I was just throwing that out there because some people do consider it piracy, and I can't blame them for thinking that way, it is enjoying content without paying. As for the radio, maybe that just depends on the station you listen to? I listen to a country station once in a while but never hear anything about the price of corn. :lol:

Also, I love Dr. Pepper! :D However I don't drink soda anymore. :(

TV is not a baby sitter and neither is the internet. I don't get why parents get mad at either of them, it is your responsibility to control what is getting shoved into your kids head.

You should also know that the healthy amount of television a child his age should watch is zero hour per day. Also most children under 12 can not distinguish between what is fake cartoons and what is reality.

You shouldn't blame youtube, and you know who I am blaming.

Trying to blame the parents doesn't really help the issue you know. Personally I don't think Cirro is neglecting his child or anything, he's just doing the best he can, like he said, he was doing the dishes, not going out to a stripclub. The important thing isn't blame, it's learning, nobody can be the perfect parent but they can always try to improve and learn, you have to go through stuff like this for that to happen.

There's also nothing wrong with a child watching TV, it's simply a matter of what is on the TV. The best way to know what your child watches is to watch it as well, in most cases you tell what is and isn't appropriate and you can understand how your child will or needs to interpret something they see. I think Cirro is doing a fine job of this judging from what he says about the show.

my son is into dinosaurs right now, and thats his #1. so im sorry that i found a cartoon with decent morals and applicable trials of lying,friendship, and being a good person that happened to haven dinosaurs in it

Sounds like an okay cartoon to me.

Edit: By the way, what is the cartoon? Dinosaur King?

Edited by Deathmineral

Its amazing what any company would do for money :( I bet they'd even advetise adult toys if someone paid them tons of money :(

I fail to see the problem with this. :lol:

Its amazing what any company would do for money :( I bet they'd even advetise adult toys if someone paid them tons of money :(

Why not? Capitalism is amoral. Take yourself elsewhere if you don't like the content.

I could distinguish between the two when I was 7.....

Edited by CowKing

Dinosaur King? Pft. Lame. BEAST WARS!

:lol:

It looks like the show is pretty much pokemon with some digimon spliced in there. Except all the creatures are simply dinosaurs. I just watched the first episode and it's not the best show around, hate to say it but doesn't seem to encourage good morals or anything, anyone that watched pokemon will have a pretty good idea of what this is like. It's just an endless series of random adventures loosely stringed together. It's purely entertainment value kind of stuff I'd say. It's kind of weird but most cartoons out there don't actually portray positive messages well, I mean they might be there but there isn't any emphasis put on them.

All I can say is I've seen better, but it's not bad either.

really? zero hours? man, sorry adriel, daddy isn't going to let you watch nursery rhymes, i guess i better throw away your you can read DVD too

alot of things around the science nature i learned from , discovery/science channel.

when i was his age, reading rainbow, mr. rogers and a bunch of other shows got me into education.

im not amish, and i don't think my child should be deprived of things that i pay so much for. he deserves to use the internet as i.

i guess im a idiot for not knowing in advance what random add would be placed inbetween his shows.

i don't really watch tv, my mainstream of television comes from the net. my family barely watches any.

movies are my weakness though.

trying to assum my child is being babysitted because he enjoys a show that he happens to have what he is into is ridiculous

he is 4, he doesnt have to earn the right to enjoy his life.

Do some research on your baby can read DVD's. Kids really should watch television in any form. I'm serious.

im not offended @ that. :cries:

my point was google needs to step up if they want the public eye on them the way the do.

you make safemode, childrens channels but you fill it with adult advertisement.

more of a facepalm than mad, however people acting like i've based my childs life on TV makes me mad