Who wants to make a UDK Game?

ir_cow

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Unrealscript might take a while to get used, to, but anyone with C++ and/or Java experience should be able to get the hang of it quite easily from what I've been reading. Who's handling the source code management and the server hosting and all that good stuff?

On that note, the more I'm reading about UDK, the more I might want to work with it. Seems like we can get something simple made within a few months.

Count me in, I guess.

We can use Github for source code management, but it's not very intuitive. SVN is the usual alternative, of course.

Also, some books I am and have been reading (I have a free subscription to Safari Books Online):

Unreal Development Kit 3 by Richard J. Moore (just started)

Beginning DirectX11 Game Programming by Allen Sherrod and Wendy Jones (the path I want to go)

C# Game Programming: For Serious Game Creation by Daniel Schuller

Wizards and Warriors: Massively Multiplayer Online Game Creation by Jason Darby (interesting)

Well, Unrealscript might take a while to get used, to, but anyone with C++ and/or Java experience should be able to get the hang of it quite easily from what I've been reading. Who's handling the source code management and the server hosting and all that good stuff?

On that note, the more I'm reading about UDK, the more I might want to work with it. Seems like we can get something simple made within a few months.

Count me in, I guess.

We can use Github for source code management, but it's not very intuitive. SVN is the usual alternative, of course.

Also, some books I am and have been reading (I have a free subscription to Safari Books Online):

Unreal Development Kit 3 by Richard J. Moore (just started)

Beginning DirectX11 Game Programming by Allen Sherrod and Wendy Jones (the path I want to go)

C# Game Programming: For Serious Game Creation by Daniel Schuller

Wizards and Warriors: Massively Multiplayer Online Game Creation by Jason Darby (interesting)

We haven't got that far yet. Forums are just about ready for users. Be ready before i go to bed.

One step at a time.But atleast you know what youre talking about, alot of us don't. :popcorn:

For those of you looking at unreal Script I believe the people at Epic called it a blend of Basic and C/C++. Currently those wetness count in at around 7K poly each witch from my reading is under the recomened maximum of 10K polys for First person views.

For static mesh's you can actually create LOD's for them in unreal so you have a salable poly size for people with diffident specs. Currently I'm just modeling Misc items in preparation for modding with Red Orchestra 2.

I'll go join the forum now and post work there.

Also I know many of you are not big fans of physx and I myself dislike it being that it is propritary. However it is the only way to create things sutch as destructable tables similar to crysis in the UDK.

If you are interested in playing with it My link

Edited by Mysion

:snap: Forum registration is not setup yet.... you will all have to register again once i get it operational. Unless of course it sent you the email? It wasn't sending for me.....

EDIT: Double snap, you wont have to re-register. And during that hours interval i collect 51 bots registration attempts.... need to finish locking down.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Forum is now open for use.

Initially you will have slightly restricted use till i figure all of the options out but start using it. I have approved everyone who has so far registered and will endeavor to check for new peeps regularly, probably every lunch-break(if i have time) and evening.