ir_cow

Who wants to make a UDK Game?

Did a hundred or so levels/maps for Novalogics Deltaforce series of games.

Any of them in the actual game or were they mods? Those games rocked and the editor (from what I remember) was a pain in the arse.

Guys - if you need a level designer this guy sounds like who you want. :cheers:

If you need any texture/image work send me a PM - I suck at creating things from scratch but I'm a Photoshop master when it comes to manipulating images. :cheers:

I am actually in the middle of creating my own engine right now :O

Any of them in the actual game or were they mods? Those games rocked and the editor (from what I remember) was a pain in the arse.

Guys - if you need a level designer this guy sounds like who you want. :cheers:

If you need any texture/image work send me a PM - I suck at creating things from scratch but I'm a Photoshop master when it comes to manipulating images. :cheers:

The way their system worked was you made the map with the resources within the game say bldgs, trees, decorations,tunnels and ai.Put them where you wanted on the terrain set the parameters for the mission.Then upload the map for others to play.Depending on the type of game play , deathmatch,co-op,search and destroy different objectives or way points could be assigned. The editor was a pain in the arse to work with for sure.I did find out how to convert the terrains in Comanche 4 and put them in Delta force land warrior/Blackhawk down I guess it was a terrain mod of sorts.Used to LOVE playing that game series from Novalogic.

Edited by wildman2

Well I'm no game creator. I messed around with the Cryengine creator for a few hours once, but I sucked with it. biggrin.gif

But I could lend my editing skills for your website, any in-game text, or whatever.

Edit: Just FYI I meant only editing the English language. I'm in no way a web editor/designer. So in other words I'm pretty useless.

Guys, I wont be able to make it to the irc chat on time but i had an idea and want general consensus before i go ahead with it.

I have a contact within Autodesk who got me a student acc though i am not technically eligible and thought as student accounts(which i think many of us are eligible for), get you free software only with superimposed banner so you can't use it for anything but learning i would ask and see if we could get some copies of maya mudbox or whatever we decide to use as i seem to recall them sponsoring some other open not for profit orginisation.

So my pitch would be that we are a bunch of students and gaming enthusiasts wanting to make an opensource/free game based on the free UDK Engine and we were wondering if they would consider allowing us a few licenses exclusively for use on this project.

But as i would be representing us as a group by this act i want general approval first.

Thoughts?

As far as the website i can help with that a bit, i am fairly good at html/xhtml though my forte is PHP.

speedcrazy that's an awesome idea, i have not used mudbox much but from what i've read it's basically autodesk counter to zrbush. currently i own a student version of maya and photoshop but i stated on one of the pages that software can't be provided just because we no funds. if you could pull some magic that would be awesome

What software should i ask about?

IDK what most of them are for, i just fool around with mudbox and 3ds max.

well if it autodesk than your limited to 3ds max (more is less game 3d modeling) Maya (mainly used for movies but the 3d system is the same, just different menus) and mudbox which is 3d sculpting. i would say try to get them all lol. but if you have to choose one would say maya and mudbox. i know people are going to hate me for not picking 3dsmax but i have so much more experience with maya. For mudbox i prefer zrbush but that's because i started with it. mudbox should be similar in many ways and free is always a plus.

Well, the email is sent. Auto response said 72 max hours and i will be out all tomorrow. Cross your fingers and pray lads.