ir_cow

Who wants to make a UDK Game?

haha yea :D

I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet (if that would even be useful) and can get a hold of any program I would need so if you all need any more help I'm willing

Well I'm not sure if we have any artists, as in drawing or painting, I know I certainly don't have the talent for it even though I have a drawing tablet of my own. :lol:

I'm thinking we do have a concept artist job though, I think I saw that on the list anyway, I think it's especially helpful on the artistic side of things to have several people that can draw concept art because each one will probably have their own style and can apply that to give us a better idea of what we like about a concept.

just a quick update, speedcrazy is getting the forums to come alive, second up i've talked to nvidia_freak which has been a ongoing help to get this off the ground. hopefully in the next few days alot of things will not be so grey. so just hold your breath a little longer (or until you turn blue). once again if you have some dying need to speak to me, just send e PM but otherwise you will know when everyone else knows and so on.

I also got together with speedcrazy and am helping him with some of the content on the site, fixing spelling and grammar mainly, that way he can focus on the more important stuff.

How have I not seen this????? Btw, I am almost done my degree in Audio production Tech. I haven't really done much sound design, but I might be able to help out a bit as needed. I've done a bit of composing, but not much.

You've been living under a rock. :P

I do know that Jto and Malmsteen had a pretty in depth discussion last night about getting together for the soundtrack. I think right now they're just doing some practice until we figure out the theme of the game some more. So you can probably get a hold of one them and see what they have in mind.

I don't know if either of them recorded their chat log while discussing it in IRC, I can't seem to highlight the text for copying for whatever reason, maybe the IRC client I use is just glitchy or something. It looks like Jto hasn't logged out or lost connection to the IRC yet though so maybe he can still retrieve the text.

I do know that Jto and Malmsteen had a pretty in depth discussion last night about getting together for the soundtrack. I think right now they're just doing some practice until we figure out the theme of the game some more. So you can probably get a hold of one them and see what they have in mind.

I don't know if either of them recorded their chat log while discussing it in IRC, I can't seem to highlight the text for copying for whatever reason, maybe the IRC client I use is just glitchy or something. It looks like Jto hasn't logged out or lost connection to the IRC yet though so maybe he can still retrieve the text.

Me either. :unsure: Maybe the mibbit client doesn't allow copy paste.....

And Shallowbay, we need you, evin if all you can do is give ideas WE NEED YOU!!!

Concept artist would be great.

Bubba you too. Everyone is needed.

Me either. :unsure: Maybe the mibbit client doesn't allow copy paste.....

And Shallowbay, we need you, evin if all you can do is give ideas WE NEED YOU!!!

Concept artist would be great.

Bubba you too. Everyone is needed.

Count me in then :P

i know to a lot of you it's looking like a stand still, but in the background a lot of the foundation is being put in place (mainly the website). so keep on checking back and remember this is not a overnight project by any means.

Well, some good news.

I got an email from autodesk saying my request had been passed on to the appropriate personnel. So they did not dump it out of hand.

I'm willing to help with molding objects. Just give me a request and I'll start on it.

I already have 2 pistols molded so any requests?

I would have textured them but I'm not sure how the UDK handles weapons.

guns.zip

Edited by Mysion

I'm willing to help with molding objects. Just give me a request and I'll start on it.

I already have 2 pistols molded so any requests?

I would have textured them but I'm not sure how the UDK handles weapons.

The offer is great but the actual modeling will be a while down the road i think. Also i think we may need to decide on polgon counts and other junk like that before we start collecting pieces.

So join the group and pitch in.

What are the best and most user-friendly programs for creating concept art?

I have a lot of free time haha so I just want to get more familiar with the programs

Edited by ShallowBay

What are the best and most user-friendly programs for creating concept art?

I have a lot of free time haha so I just want to get more familiar with the programs

Now that is what I call a wonderful idea. :D

Personally I would recommend GIMP, it's a pretty good artistic program, I hear some people say that it doesn't quite match up to Photoshop but for free you can't complain too much. It's what I use when I have work that Paint can't handle and so far it hasn't let me down.

I'm actually looking to do a little bit of that myself, but of course it is a group project so maybe there are others here that use Blender? 3D modeling is the part that I'm most interested in, and Blender is pretty much the only thing I have easy access to, to the best of my knowledge anyway. So if anyone else uses it or wants to learn it feel free to PM me or if you have Steam just send me a message on there and maybe we can learn stuff a little bit faster and make it a lot more enjoyable.