Pre-Infected Hardware

El_Capitan

Great news, everybody!

Is it bad that I read that in the Futurama guys voice?! Tbh I'm not sure what to say really I mean pre-infected hardware? I don't quite get how it would work although it is 2am so my brain isn't too good right now xD

Is it bad that I read that in the Futurama guys voice?! Tbh I'm not sure what to say really I mean pre-infected hardware? I don't quite get how it would work although it is 2am so my brain isn't too good right now xD

+1 lol :rofl:

That was probably the intent, misquoted as it may be.

LOL at Schaffer. I guess we'll have to worry about spyware cropping up in our imported oil soon...

The firmware/hardware in CPUs, expansion cards, etc, can house viruses (or simply time-bombs) that could shut down, damage, or snoop far more than most would like to admit.

This could get rather interesting, if we as consumers start finding stuff like this. I say interesting because, I am sure that we techies could figure out how to get rid of it.

This could get rather interesting, if we as consumers start finding stuff like this. I say interesting because, I am sure that we techies could figure out how to get rid of it.

Bios flash.

Bios flash.

Hammer :mellow:

If it's in the hardware I don't know what you'd do to get rid of it.

I mean, think of this: Your HDD has a controller chip that locks down the SATA bus at a specified time. Your computer would then lock up and your data would be inaccessible.

Now, imagine that happening on every computer in the US that contains one of those drives.

• 1 month later...