Rate your gaming expertise

Andrewr05

RATE YOUR GAMING EXPERTISE  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest, how good are you at gaming?

• I consider myself a professional, I always play on the highest dificulty
    • I consider my self quite good, I often play on hard
    • I'm mediocre, I play on nornal or lower most of the time
    • I suck at games, I play on the lowest difficulty
    • I do not play video games

I find this to be an interesting, but I don't know how to answer the question.

On single player I very rarely play above Normal ...unless it is a game I REALLY like.

Though on multi-player I am ultra competitive. I will not stop until I am happy with my performance. For example, I had not played a console FPS game in years ...since, well GoldenEye. :lol: I played FPS only on the PC until my friends talked me into getting MW2 on the 360 and starting an XBL account. Now if I am not at the very least the best on my team, let alone the best score overall I am not happy.

I think it started when my friend and I would get into mischief as kids and our parents would leave us at the miniature golf place at 10am and pick us up at 5pm. They would give us $10 each. That had to cover not only the 7hrs but lunch as well. Needless to say the first few Saturdays sucked something bad and were very boring. We learned to ditch the mini-golf and lunch, and go in together on arcade games (25cents ea.) and switch off to make the most of our money. We played fighting games because with the competition, as long as you win the more play time you get for your quarter. To this day I still say, "well at least you didn't lose a quarter" when someone moans they got killed in a game. Guess that makes me old now, eeeek! :whoa:

At any rate, I am ultra competitive and hate losing. Despite coming back to console gaming I had to keep playing till I stopped sucking. But I am not that competitive in everything i do so i attribute it to that miniature golf arcade crap and only having $10 to last a day.

But I don't feel the need to play games on a higher difficulty setting on Single Player. I only do that for games I absolutely love to play. Since the poll is geared for SP play I really don't know what to pick. And even if I tailored to MP play, it still really depends on the game. Some games I am extremely good at and some games you'd have nothing but pity for me on. Hell I have played Sim City since i was a kid and I still can't build a city that doesn't fail within the first hour or two. :lol: I know that is SP but its a prime example of some things I just completely suck at.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always pick second to hardest setting if allowed as it doesn't give the dumb AI and doesn't bump up enemy stats to unrealistic levels. Only quality games can handle their hardest diffculty settings without making cheap buffs to the enemy's stat file, I'm after a smarter and more sophisticated enemy, or an eye for an eye realism setting.

I consider myself quite good. I often prefer fast-paced games such as fighters, arcade-style racing and FPS Deathmatch. When I play online, I normally try to find an experienced player whom will put up a good fight. I like the challenge (as long as there's no BS or excuses from the other player(s)).

Offline singer-player games, it depends on how I want to play. If I'm looking for a challenge, I play on the hardest mode. If I'm looking to beat the game quickly as possible, I'll play on the easiest. Like on FPS' where usually the AI is weak and dumb on the lowest setting, I can just plow right though. Heh, you also seem to get more ammunition on the easiest modes as well! :thumbsup:

I wanted to pick something between "I consider my self quite good, I often play on hard" and "I'm mediocre, I play on normal or lower most of the time" because I usually play on normal for the first playthrough and if I want to play through again I pick a higher difficulty but I never pick anything lower than normal.

Game hardcore or go home :-) While I seldom play on the hardest level I suaully play just below it. I also like to play in ironman mode which is when you get defeated you have to start over. :popcorn:

I put quiet good.

Use to be very very competitive RTS (C&C RA2/C&C Generals/ZH / C&C 3 etc) and FPS player (HL2:DM, CoD: MW/MW2/BO, FarCry).

Now, I mainly play for fun. Normally put games on Hard, but if its too difficult or I die too much I turn it right down. Not one of these people who must complete every game on the top difficulty to feel It was worth the money.

I put, i dont play video games. All i play are Minecraft and World of Tanks, and only about 3 hours a month. I play hard(minecraft) but just because i like a challenge, WOT has no difficulty level so i guess that counts as normal.

Those guys were mostly former or current military so for some 12 yr old kid to have a worse mouth, yeah, that's saying something.

That is part of why i dont play many games, i prefer to play with people, not sp, but when all people do is cuss i cant be bothered. No fun. :wacko:

I put, i dont play video games. All i play are Minecraft and World of Tanks, and only about 3 hours a month. I play hard(minecraft) but just because i like a challenge, WOT has no difficulty level so i guess that counts as normal.

That is part of why i dont play many games, i prefer to play with people, not sp, but when all people do is cuss i cant be bothered. No fun. :wacko:

What are you talking about? Cussing is the best part of online play. :P

What are you talking about? Cussing is the best part of online play. :P

O'rly. IT is disgusting and annoying, this will probably annoy some people but i believe it to be true.

Cussing is an unintelligent man's way of expressing himself.

He has to say something but doesn't have anything intelligent or edifying to say, so he drops and expletive. :down:

O'rly. IT is disgusting and annoying, this will probably annoy some people but i believe it to be true.

He has to say something but doesn't have anything intelligent or edifying to say, so he drops and expletive. :down:

Well (insert expletive here), I just don't know what to say to that. :lol: