Formula 1 Discussion thread

Nyt

I aggree, Vettel was cool on TG. Done a cracking lap too! :P

I am still behind Red Bull on the decision. For one reason only, its a TEAM SPORT!

I say again, what a pilock would Red Bull have looked to there sponsors if both cars retired on the second to last lap?

You may think its got no balls, and you are right. But thats because sponsors do not given a crap. They would rather see the cars finnish 2-3 than not at all.

I aggree, Vettel was cool on TG. Done a cracking lap too! :P

I am still behind Red Bull on the decision. For one reason only, its a TEAM SPORT!

I say again, what a pilock would Red Bull have looked to there sponsors if both cars retired on the second to last lap?

You may think its got no balls, and you are right. But thats because sponsors do not given a crap. They would rather see the cars finnish 2-3 than not at all.

im sure the 2 have collided in a race before.

not saying its fair or that i like seeing team orders, but its been happening for years. remember schumacher & rubens when they used to both be in ferrari. the number of times rubens had to give way to schui.

i'd like to see an overhaul of the points system. there is too big a gap between the points for 1st and the points for 2nd place. rather than Vettel having a 80pt lead with half the season still ahead they should make it something like:

1st: 20pts,

2nd: 17pts

3rd: 14pts

4th: 11pts

5th: 8pts

6th: 5pts

7th: 4pts

8th: 3pts

9th: 2pts

10th: 1pt

Glad I missed this race.... nothing worse than seeing a Hamilton win <_<

I don't think the points should be overhauled. If anything, the gap should be made even bigger. It stops drivers settling for 2nd/3rd/4th. IT means a win is worth fighting for.

If the points where changed, Id like to see a win worth 30 points. Make that win REALLY hit home for the teams, and force them to do something about the likes of Vettel.

Qualy Results :

1st : Vettel

2nd : Hamilton

3rd : Button

Tomorrow will be Hamilton's day :)

I want to see someone like Rosberg or Kobayashi hit the podium tomorrow. Kobayashi seems like an EXCELLENT driver to say the least. Points finishes for Perez and I'd love to see Alguesuari or one of the Force India's hitting the points. Force India are very interesting this year, they've advanced from the back of the pack into the midfield area and they're challenging with Sauber and Mercedes F1.

Vettel's last lap was promising but by the looks of things I think the MacLarens and Ferrari's have better lap-to-lap performance but Vettel seems to have the one lap performance. Although, Hamilton was using the Pirelli Soft tyres whereas the Super Softs are apparently 0.8s faster so I think Hamilton maybe able to put in some quick times tomorrow.

It also seems Hamilton has a magical 3rd sector because his 1st and 2nd sector times weren't as quick as Vettel but he was making up huge amounts of time in the 3rd, and on his fastest lap he looked to struggle with his rear end in the final hairpin upto the pit straight but still managed to blitz everyone else. If they can add more rear wing to that MacLaren then he should be good to go with that thing.

1st Button

2nd Vettel

3rd Alonso

4th Hamilton

5th Webber

Sad to see such a harsh call by the stewards for the drive-through penalty for Lewis after he spun his car and tried to get it back facing the right direction :( I dont see the logic of Hamilton staying over 2/3 of the road and then possibly causing an accident :vmad:

1st Button

2nd Vettel

3rd Alonso

4th Hamilton

5th Webber

Sad to see such a harsh call by the stewards for the drive-through penalty for Lewis after he spun his car and tried to get it back facing the right direction :( I dont see the logic of Hamilton staying over 2/3 of the road and then possibly causing an accident :vmad:

I have to agree with the stewards, he nearly hit two other cars attempting to correct himself. What he did was dangerous to himself, the other drivers and the corner workers in the area. I understand it's extremely hard to see and that he was in the lead, but he made the mistake and needs to suffer the consequences, between his own vision, team radio/live tv and the corner workers I'm sure they could of gotten him turned around rather quickly, and much less dangerously. Now, all the being said.....that spin was awesome to watch :P