Mass Effect 3

InCrYsIs

Heres a theory that has been going around about the ending

it sounds a bit outlandish but i would like to give bioware the benefit of the doubt.

*sigh* i dont want to admit it but...... its sorta makes sense now

I think we all got rickrolled by BioWare.

"Expecting an epic ending to our epic masterpeice, were you?

Well, here! Have some virtually identical endings with no real closure for all the big decisions you made! Be sure to buy some DLC in the giftshop on your way out!"

I think that has more to do with EA than Bioware. When they put Bioware on a two year production cycle I got really worried they were trying to turn it into a cash cow like COD. Personally I think a game like Mass Effect needs 3 year of production so they can finish all of the story choices properly.

I think that has more to do with EA than Bioware. When they put Bioware on a two year production cycle I got really worried they were trying to turn it into a cash cow like COD. Personally I think a game like Mass Effect needs 3 year of production so they can finish all of the story choices properly.

That is why I can really respect Blizzard. Activision is their pimp but they hold them in check and stay true to their mantra, "We will not release a game until we feel it is ready."

Funny you bring up COD though. So many people feel betrayed by COD simply because they release a game each year. Yet so many people are forgiving of Bioware for breaking key promises to their fanbase. But I am one of those people that won't make a promise unless I know I can deliver. It really sours me when someone breaks a promise to me. Some people expect promises to be broken so they are ok with it. My thing is, don't make a promise if you aren't sure you can keep it. Not like I would miss it if you didn't offer it.

oh my jesus. The end. They really set that up for another one didn't they? lol prequel, calling it.

I'm actually really bummed out now that it's all over.

Edited by _TheAlexO

*sigh* i dont want to admit it but...... its sorta makes sense now

+1

I finished it about an hour ago and the ending that I chose was :

I got to the fight between you, Anderson and the Illusive man and then was trying to persuade the Illusive man to commit suicide by choosing the the blue paragon persuasive options.

Then as soon as I get to the last option for bluue, it was all greyed out... Never once have I not been able to chose a blue persuasive option since I've always been paragon.

So I chose the renegade option and shot the Illusive man since I was sure as hell not going to let him kill Anderson and me.

Then after that end scene I chose the destruction ending and was quite happy that the crew survived and especially that Ashley survived.

And it was great that Shepard survived in the rubble but didnt Bio Ware say that they wouldn't leave us with questions after the game finished?

Overall, I thought the ending was good but wasnt there something in the ME2 Arrival DLC that once a Mass Effect relay was destroyed, the planets in that system were also destroyed ?

Anyway, hope there are some answers in the future - and that my Shepard didnt die else I would be pissed lol

Anyone else notice that you have to play like hours of multiplayer to get the Galactic Readiness Percentage up high enough to get a "good" ending ? I have never bought a Mass Effect game for its multiplayer so why did I have to be forced to play it to enjoy singleplayer ??

After about one MP game that lasted 20 min and only increased my Galactic Readiness Percentage by 5%, my patience grew thin since I wasnt going to spend an estimated 3-4 hours of my life playing a game mode that was forced on me just to enjoy singleplayer..

So I modded my savegame and added 10000 points for my War Assets so I could get an Effective military rating of over 5000 for a "good" ending in singleplayer

Sucks that I have to find a new game to play now after being immersed in like 19 hours of ME3's singleplayer... Maybe I can finally get around to playing Kingdoms of Amalur past the second level lol

It's not the ending people have a problem with (at least in my case) it's the way it was handled. They could keep the crazy starchild and everything else the same, just have some sort of proof that our actions meant something. You don't see much of anything in the final battle that reflects on what you accomplished in the game. War readiness level doesn't change how the endings look and feel, despite that being the entire game. Killing off races or saving them doesn't show up in the ending as well. Finally, there is cliffhanger endings that set ME3 up for DLC, which means we have to pay to see the real ending.

Basically, the could keep the Ending-tron 3000 and still make it work. In fact, having a range of choices at the end would be a perfect fit for the series. However, the lack of any real feedback and sense of accomplishment means that any and all choices you made before the final choice are completely inconsequential. That's the problem with the ending.

In fairness to Bioware, if they made all the consequences count towards the ending they're essentially punishing new players to the series. which is not what they want to do, as i'd imagine its already hard enough to follow what's happening in the game without having played ME1 & 2. Admitedly the uproar over the game punishing new players would be significantly smaller than the backlash they are currently receiving. The effect it would have on sales would be difficult to predict.

I cant remember if it was someone on here or another site who mentioned they wanted more closure from the ending, seeing what happened to the rest of the crew. And i do find myself agreeing with that. Having said that, the final cutscene was pretty damn long as it is

(I'm counting from when you get beamed up to the citadel, because hold W until Illusive Man cutscene triggers isn't really gameplay IMO)

oh my jesus. The end. They really set that up for another one didn't they? lol prequel, calling it.

*Cough, cough* Beat you to it :lol:

Speaking of the ending, IMO the post credits scene sets up perfectly for what would be my next ME game (and last one), being a prequel set in the First Contact War between alliance and the Turians.

Edited by bilcliff

you don;t need the multiplayer for the good ending all you need is above the 4000 asset mark but i was reading (don't know if this is true) that you need a minimal of 6000. wasn't hard to do that. i got 6300 just from single player and every time you level your online character past 20 you get 75 asset points. so in the end i was at about 7000 and 100% readiness. so people only did 5k and no online and got the same ending i did. so it really doesn't matter just make sure you import the save from 1 and 2 for the best game.

I think the next game should be called, Gears of Mass Creed: Warfare Reach lol

Edited by hornybluecow

+1

I finished it about an hour ago and the ending that I chose was :

I got to the fight between you, Anderson and the Illusive man and then was trying to persuade the Illusive man to commit suicide by choosing the the blue paragon persuasive options.

Then as soon as I get to the last option for bluue, it was all greyed out... Never once have I not been able to chose a blue persuasive option since I've always been paragon.

So I chose the renegade option and shot the Illusive man since I was sure as hell not going to let him kill Anderson and me.

Then after that end scene I chose the destruction ending and was quite happy that the crew survived and especially that Ashley survived.

And it was great that Shepard survived in the rubble but didnt Bio Ware say that they wouldn't leave us with questions after the game finished?

Overall, I thought the ending was good but wasnt there something in the ME2 Arrival DLC that once a Mass Effect relay was destroyed, the planets in that system were also destroyed ?

Anyway, hope there are some answers in the future - and that my Shepard didnt die else I would be pissed lol

Anyone else notice that you have to play like hours of multiplayer to get the Galactic Readiness Percentage up high enough to get a "good" ending ? I have never bought a Mass Effect game for its multiplayer so why did I have to be forced to play it to enjoy singleplayer ??

After about one MP game that lasted 20 min and only increased my Galactic Readiness Percentage by 5%, my patience grew thin since I wasnt going to spend an estimated 3-4 hours of my life playing a game mode that was forced on me just to enjoy singleplayer..

So I modded my savegame and added 10000 points for my War Assets so I could get an Effective military rating of over 5000 for a "good" ending in singleplayer

Sucks that I have to find a new game to play now after being immersed in like 19 hours of ME3's singleplayer... Maybe I can finally get around to playing Kingdoms of Amalur past the second level lol

What did you use to modify the save game? Only thing I've found in my 2 minutes of google is ME2 gibbed editor that I used in the past.

you don;t need the multiplayer for the good ending all you need is above the 4000 asset mark but i was reading (don't know if this is true) that you need a minimal of 6000. wasn't hard to do that. i got 6300 just from single player and every time you level your online character past 20 you get 75 asset points. so in the end i was at about 7000 and 100% readiness. so people only did 5k and no online and got the same ending i did. so it really doesn't matter just make sure you import the save from 1 and 2 for the best game.

I think the next game should be called, Gears of Mass Creed: Warfare Reach lol

How the hell did you get 6300? I ended with 3400 I think. Imported character from ME1 & 2 w/ DLC and probably 90% of side quests done

Edited by _TheAlexO

What did you use to modify the save game? Only thing I've found in my 2 minutes of google is ME2 gibbed editor that I used in the past.

Found the ME3 Gibbed editor and then used it to change the value of one of the war assets to 10000 :)