Phone OS

Phone OS  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What OS is on your Phone?

I said nothing even though technically I do have one, just not one that's listed. I have a dumb phone, all it does it make phone calls.

No you don't have a dumb phone.

You have a phone that is functional and a phone and I bet it makes good calls.

Things that try to do too many things end up sucking at all the different things they do.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTC Wildfire, again on CM7. :D

Very glad for CM7, it infuses new life into this extremely underpowered phone, and, makes it run like its on far more powerful hardware.

I said nothing even though technically I do have one, just not one that's listed. I have a dumb phone, all it does it make phone calls.

+1, calls and texts, and i dont know how to text. :P

This got me thinking and I just found a port of CM7 for the Eris. Thanks IVI :cheers:

I would wait for this summer and the galaxy s II when it gets to Verizon. The last thing you want to do is get a phone that is already behind the curve.

Anytime, I knew some digging would net you some fine plunder!

No you don't have a dumb phone.

You have a phone that is functional and a phone and I bet it makes good calls.

Things that try to do too many things end up sucking at all the different things they do.

:withstupid:

I agree, my old "dumb phones" texted far faster than any of my smart phones, I could even text without looking with the T9 numpad. Touchscreen keyboards FTL (I want my next phone to have a keyboard again)

I agree, my old "dumb phones" texted far faster than any of my smart phones, I could even text without looking with the T9 numpad. Touchscreen keyboards FTL (I want my next phone to have a keyboard again)

I don't. :teehee: I type so much faster now that I have an iPhone, the keyboard layout on it is awesome. I hated all my old phones, and I was never able to text properly on them.

Huawei Ascend via Cricket....

still running the stock Android 2.1 OS....

there isnt much in terms of support to make it better...even the C7 mod doesnt support this phone so I dont bother...

It really could use some sprucing up as it lags a little sometimes especially using Swype

+1. Hardware keyboards for me. Another pro was that one could type on the T9's without even looking down at the phone at all. Awesome for texting during boring lectures. :). Sadly, that's out of the equation with a touch only keyboard.

Voted dumb phone

I have the LG Rumor Touch and it's a basic smart phone with a web browser and also an email, IM, and Facebook and Twitter apps you can't really install any apps so it's kind of like a dumb phone.

Edited by fire_storm