Portal 2 to be released EARLY!!!

Waco

The physics don't have such a big role in portal I think. Except for the momentum when flying through portals and all the props that move around, there isn't much more to it. It all mostly revolves around getting a cube onto a red button and then moving through the door with small twists for every different level. Quite simple I think. I can't imagine having more trouble with it if I hadn't played the first one.

As for the easter-eggs, I think there have been quite a few already. Mostly the big 3x3 monitor video in Kleiners lab of the boat where Alyx and Gordon will go...cuz that's what they said that they'll do. Not much more that can be revealed without exposing too much of the story. I think the current status between Black Mesa and Aperture Science is just fine. No need to over complicate it and start putting stuff in different games and all over the place. Next thing you know they'll be hiding stuff in cereal boxes and you'd have to get those too if you wanted to know what is actually going on.

You kidding me? Portal is all about physics, being able to hold momentum, speed, all the while solving logical puzzles. To me that is physics....

After doing some digging and researching myself, I found that there are quite a bit of little subtle hints at the portal plot. It amazes me that Valve can hid these big plot details, and still make a game with more then enough story. For example you can find where the Borealis was once in Dry dock. In HL2 ep2 it is stated that the Borealis mysteriously disappears with part of its dry-dock. There are also hints that there is more of a relationship between the characters in the game. Chell, Cave, Caroline.... hmm I wonder...

Can they be related

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me 5 hours to beat the game.

Thanks for stating how long it took you. I hear good things about the game, but also heard its only a 4-5hr game. Right now the PS3 version is on-sale for $35 ...which also gives you the PC version through Steam if I am not mistaken if you link your PSN account with your Steam account ...HA! :yucky:

Either way, not sure any game is worth $35 for just 5hrs of gameplay. I am posting this simply to hear rebuttals because I would like a good excuse to try this game, but I gotta hear why this is the supposed "GAME OF THE CENTURY" ...even tho it clocks in at 5hrs. :unsure:

Thanks for stating how long it took you. I hear good things about the game, but also heard its only a 4-5hr game. Right now the PS3 version is on-sale for $35 ...which also gives you the PC version through Steam if I am not mistaken if you link your PSN account with your Steam account ...HA! :yucky:

Either way, not sure any game is worth $35 for just 5hrs of gameplay. I am posting this simply to hear rebuttals because I would like a good excuse to try this game, but I gotta hear why this is the supposed "GAME OF THE CENTURY" ...even tho it clocks in at 5hrs. :unsure:

That's not an accurate amount of time at all. Sack_Patrol probably speeds through all of his games, I suppose he likes to challenge himself or something. Personally it took me probably 10-12 hours to complete the single player, that was really exploring everything though and not being particularly great at solving the puzzles. Others said they took about 7-9 hours though, I would an average of 8 hours is probably where this game lands. I don't think it's the game of the century either, but it's definitely a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Ok thanks for the input. Definitely sounds better. Is there additional gameplay content or is it just the campaign?

Well there is co-op, which I hear is a lot of fun but is only about 2-3 hours long. I guess there are achievements, if you're into that kind of thing it can extend a game for you I think.

I didn't speed run through it, nor did I stop and look at every single detail. It was a regular go. If I found something that I liked I stopped and looked at it. For example I was kind of impressed of the process of the assembly of the turrets and putting them in a box.

Whoever played the first portal will probably find very little new features and variety. The puzzles are a bit too predictable with objectives that might be more clear that they needed to be.

The game was indeed an improvement from the first, but no way is it revolutionary or special. It's kind of like Assassins Creed 1 and 2. Basically the same thing with small improvements. The second game in both cases could have been the first, but since in both cases the ideas and gameplay were quite unique and new, there was no way to do that and experimentation was needed, and that's what we ended up with.

Haven't played the co op but I doubt it's any harder than the single player. This might seem wrong because of the usage of 4 portals, but don't forget that there are also 2 people playing so that's also double the brain power. I saw that DLC was released which means that valve is going to support the game for at least a bit.

Bottom line, not worth full price. If you have 35 bucks in your wallet doing nothing then why the hell not. I liked it as far as story and gameplay elements go, but it was just predictable and short unless you haven't played the first game.

Not sure if this is a spoiler? For those that played the game, tell me if you think I need to keep the spoiler tags or not? Anyway, it's a neat little fan made thingy, thought some of you might like it. :D

That's awesome!

I say leave the tags in, because ultimately...That's the end of the game :P

That's awesome!

Ya but really, you can't know that without either having played the game or saying it on here, so that's why I asked but now it's pretty clear so I'm going to keep the tags. :lol:

That's awesome!

isn't that a spoiler in itself :teehee:

wish my gf would hurry up and finish the single player so we can co-op. it was funny today when i told her that she was less than half way through and that she had another good 3+hrs to go she complained :lol:

EDIT: Yahtzee finally reviewed portal 2 today link

Edited by bilcliff

short easy fun game finished in 4-5ish hours and another play through for all the achievements (expect im misiing hug 3 people, lame). co-op=fun but a one time go and easy with skilled players or portal 1 vets. buy for $35, don't buy for $60.

quick and simple.

edit: i will say me and my buddy were scratching our heads for a few co-op levels with the stupid laser that takes 4 portals to complete but that was about it. some levels doesn't require 4 portals and can be done alone expect for standing on a stupid button.

Edited by hornybluecow

short easy fun game finished in 4-5ish hours and another play through for all the achievements (expect im misiing hug 3 people, lame). co-op=fun but a one time go and easy with skilled players or portal 1 vets. buy for $35, don't buy for $60.

quick and simple.

edit: i will say me and my buddy were scratching our heads for a few co-op levels with the stupid laser that takes 4 portals to complete but that was about it. some levels doesn't require 4 portals and can be done alone expect for standing on a stupid button.

Thanks - still debating... $35 is indeed tempting but i keep thinking I might be able to wait till it makes the Greatest Hits price range. Not sure how much longer the sale is good for while I take my time deciding