Portal 2 to be released EARLY!!!

Waco

although right near the beginning of portal 2 i was a little disappointed that some of the tests were almost direct copies from portal 1. i was like haven't we done these before? i know they were tutorial levels from the first one but you couldn't have redesigned the test?

The reason I think they did it that way was to set the mood for players who played the first one. Coming back to the area when it is overgrown and run downed set the scene for the game. Its still Portal, and its the same place you where in the first one.

Its not like those levels where very challenging or took very long, I think I blazed threw them in only a few minutes, and was already onto the new stuff. I wouldn't be upset no reason to be. The flow that was provided taught new players and set the scene for the game to come.

just my two cents.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to gift my second copy to either my sister or gf so i can do co-op with someone i know / can joke around with (deliberately throw off edges :teehee:)

Not suggesting you can't gift it to someone you know, but you could also try to set something up through the OCC Group Gaming thread. I'll be willing to do that, eventually (school).

Which, the potatoes and cake, or the developers?

I need to gift my second copy to either my sister or gf so i can do co-op with someone i know / can joke around with (deliberately throw off edges :teehee:)

You can throw me off edge's all you want :D

You can throw me off edge's all you want :D

Lol, i was going to say the same.

i probably would sell it to either of you for $40USD but doing that doesn't exactly win me any bonus points with the gf if you catch my drift ;)

not to mention the whole time zone difference would be a pain in the butt when trying to play co-op :P

Took me 5 hours to beat the game. Was pretty good as all of Valves games. Obviously an improvement over the first one. I really liked the ending with the final battle, particularly the part that comes right after the battle, along with the ending songs.

Puzzles were nice and a bit more complex than in Portal 1, but still pretty easy and didn't require much thought. Level design was beautiful but I kind of wanted more of the mix of the test chambers being all abandoned and filled with wild flowers coming out of the walls n stuff. There was a gameplay video a while back showing some of the new stuff in Portal 2 and the place in the game was very nice but I guess they removed it or something.

Took me 5 hours to beat the game. Was pretty good as all of Valves games. Obviously an improvement over the first one. I really liked the ending with the final battle, particularly the part that comes right after the battle, along with the ending songs.

Puzzles were nice and a bit more complex than in Portal 1, but still pretty easy and didn't require much thought. Level design was beautiful but I kind of wanted more of the mix of the test chambers being all abandoned and filled with wild flowers coming out of the walls n stuff. There was a gameplay video a while back showing some of the new stuff in Portal 2 and the place in the game was very nice but I guess they removed it or something.

I would say that the puzzels where pretty tough considering. I think since people knew the concept from the first game it makes them seem easier. But if you where to pick up this sequel w/out playing the first one I think you still would find it kinda tough. The biggest hurdle in these games was learning how physics applies when using the gun. Which most of us learned how to overcome in the first game.

I wish there was more references to the next half life game. There was a little easter egg / achievement where you could go to find where the Borealis was dry-docked

I was hoping there would be some kinda tie-in with the next game...

Edited by greengiant912

I would say that the puzzels where pretty tough considering. I think since people knew the concept from the first game it makes them seem easier. But if you where to pick up this sequel w/out playing the first one I think you still would find it kinda tough. The biggest hurdle in these games was learning how physics applies when using the gun. Which most of us learned how to overcome in the first game.

I wish there was more references to the next half life game. There was a little easter egg / achievement where you could go to find where the Borealis was dry-docked

I was hoping there would be some kinda tie-in with the next game...

The physics don't have such a big role in portal I think. Except for the momentum when flying through portals and all the props that move around, there isn't much more to it. It all mostly revolves around getting a cube onto a red button and then moving through the door with small twists for every different level. Quite simple I think. I can't imagine having more trouble with it if I hadn't played the first one.

As for the easter-eggs, I think there have been quite a few already. Mostly the big 3x3 monitor video in Kleiners lab of the boat where Alyx and Gordon will go...cuz that's what they said that they'll do. Not much more that can be revealed without exposing too much of the story. I think the current status between Black Mesa and Aperture Science is just fine. No need to over complicate it and start putting stuff in different games and all over the place. Next thing you know they'll be hiding stuff in cereal boxes and you'd have to get those too if you wanted to know what is actually going on.