Portal 2 to be released EARLY!!!

Waco

I don't know about ya'll but I have been cracking up the whole game so far with the characters. I never played the first one so I don't know what I was getting myself into. Other than that, the game does feel super short. I was completely lost on one part and had to look it up online, and it was almost at the end of the walk through. I would say I played for 3 hours yesterday and have around an hour left. Still fun though! Just not $60 fun.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was wrong where I was looking at the walk through, I didn't see the other couple chapters afterwards so I wasn't as far along as I thought. I am at the part with all the blue gel and water. This part is giving me motion sickness with all the jumping and turning when I play in eyefinity. Had to take a little breather for a minute, that never happened before with other games haha.

Yeah I was wrong where I was looking at the walk through, I didn't see the other couple chapters afterwards so I wasn't as far along as I thought. I am at the part with all the blue gel and water. This part is giving me motion sickness with all the jumping and turning when I play in eyefinity. Had to take a little breather for a minute, that never happened before with other games haha.

It's probably a good thing you didn't play the first one, a good number of the puzzles in it really relied on reflexes and momentum, they didn't feel as much like puzzles at that point. Portal 2 improves on that a great deal though, especially with the addition of the gels, really helps make up for the momentum aspect. I never did understand motion sickness with video games, although I do sometimes get headaches with some, mainly CSS, too much dying. :(

finally got a few hours free tonight after work to finish up the game. Overall, the boss parts were a bit easy, but there was a puzzle or two that I needed a little internet help for haha. Overall I thought it was a great game that gave me probably 10-15 hours of gameplay. I haven't stuck with a game and beat it in a long time, so that says something that it was able to keep me hooked for that long. The characters are pretty funny, and the ending didn't disappoint. Definitely recommend everyone give it a shot.

And when Cave Johnson does that "

" rant, I about lost it!! Edited by t0asty

For anyone interested in all the little scerets and easter eggs and other little goodies that Valve puts in their games, here and a really interesting guide for a lot, but not all, of the out of the way stuff in Portal 2. If you played through the game relatively fast, you probably missed a lot of these. I probably sunk 10-12 hours into the game and missed about 2/3 of the stuff on this guide.

So I believe I just need to hug one more person in order to get the Friends List with Benefits achievement. Anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated ^^

i will if you want but it might be hard due to time zone difference. i'll be on steam for the next 3-4hrs. i'm in the occ steam group. steam id: bluephoenixv1 but my display name is the same as my one on the forums.

Just finished it last night and I must say my favorite parts were the narration of Jonathan Kimble Simmons who is the newspaper guy in Spiderman. There is one part were he said something like... and I don't remember exactly, I'll replay that section and see, anyway... To all those who volunteered to be sprayed with mantis DNA please go to area ???, you will now issued rifles and will be tested against an army of mantis men... don't worry you will know when the test begins.

I did find it a little easier than Portal 1... there were fewer problems that required you to complete a task in a test chamber within a certain amount of time... but that got a little frustrating in Portal 1. I did like the goo and it's different affects.

Just finished it last night and I must say my favorite parts were the narration of Jonathan Kimble Simmons who is the newspaper guy in Spiderman. There is one part were he said something like... and I don't remember exactly, I'll replay that section and see, anyway... To all those who volunteered to be sprayed with mantis DNA please go to area ???, you will now issued rifles and will be tested against an army of mantis men... don't worry you will know when the test begins.

you mean this bit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1_aKPIdnU

It was hilarious. i liked the lemons bit more

you mean this bit?

It was hilarious. i liked the lemons bit more

That's the one... "You'll know when the test starts" :erm:

• 2 weeks later...

finished co-op last night my total playtime is now at 22hrs and ive got all the achievements except for 4 or 5 of them. might get to the rest of the dev comentary someday.

i'm changing my score from a 9 to a 9.5, its very close to a perfect 10 game. i guess i'm just to picky to give 10s