Diablo 3

tkrow21

I think I am going to have some time to actually start playing this game....

which direction do I want to take if I want a successful Magic character?

I honestly don't think you really even need to worry about gear or builds until after you beat Hell. Just check the AH every few levels to buy a new weapon that has higher dps than your current one and that should get you through Hell pretty easy. Not a fan of D3's itemization, a weapons DPS is a pretty big factor into how much damage your spells do for casters. In every other RPG the weapon's DPS was purely for melee characters to worry about.

Edited by AZNguyen

So far I havent found anything for wizard... no staffs and such mostly melee weapon stuff but then again its only lvl 7

hasnt been bad so far. I find the story line to be really good so far.

Not a fan of D3's itemization, a weapons DPS is a pretty big factor into how much damage your spells do for casters. In every other RPG the weapon's DPS was purely for melee characters to worry about.

The overall "DPS" stat is a terrible mechanic made to over simplify gear selection for newbies, but causes more harm then good.

It does not properly factor other traits that will directly effect your damage output like resource regeneration(which will SKYROCKET your sustained DPS), and you cannot put a flat value on things like crit chance either since you can get lucky with a bunch of back to back crits or not get any for a few hits. Throw in class primary traits that scale more then one thing and it becomes even more confusing...what will do more damage, this weapon with +50 to my primary stat or the one with 10 more listed DPS??? Is the secondary benefit of that stat worth a small damage decrease??? The expanded tooltips when you hover over it in your inventory will show you, but the AH preview will not...

It should have stayed just "Weapon Damage" and not listed theoretical DPS in a big huge bold number at the top.

The overall "DPS" stat is a terrible mechanic made to over simplify gear selection for newbies, but causes more harm then good.

It does not properly factor other traits that will directly effect your damage output like resource regeneration(which will SKYROCKET your sustained DPS), and you cannot put a flat value on things like crit chance either since you can get lucky with a bunch of back to back crits or not get any for a few hits. Throw in class primary traits that scale more then one thing and it becomes even more confusing...what will do more damage, this weapon with +50 to my primary stat or the one with 10 more listed DPS??? Is the secondary benefit of that stat worth a small damage decrease??? The expanded tooltips when you hover over it in your inventory will show you, but the AH preview will not...

It should have stayed just "Weapon Damage" and not listed theoretical DPS in a big huge bold number at the top.

Hellgate London had that too. It was a worthless rating there as well. Not sure why they would borrow something from a game that flopped lol.

About 15 or so hours into the game and it just doesnt have that "grab" I thought it would... but I've played it off and on today in between chores and kid duties :)

I think I am at level 15 or so and its been alright...I have noticed some micro stuttering and a tiny bit of rubber banding... reminds me of TQIT

anyone got any decent Wizard stuff? around level 20 or so? hit me up.

My brother-in-law gave me a ton of stuff but its all level 60 Rare stuff...

I think I might try Witch Doctor next... looks fun

anyone got any decent Wizard stuff? around level 20 or so? hit me up.

My brother-in-law gave me a ton of stuff but its all level 60 Rare stuff...

I think I might try Witch Doctor next... looks fun

Damn I think I just sold most of my stuff. I had a pretty nice wand :/

I'm gonna go check, but I think the lowest I have is like high 30's stuff.

at this point I'll take anything that will help... for some reason I dont get much wizard stuff... everything but wizard mostly. I've probably found a total of 3 wands and 4 hats in the whole 1st act... I just made it to the 2nd act at level 17

With Diablo 3, you don't really need to only stick to wands and staffs for casters. Just use whatever has the highest dps. I think my level 50 Wizard is using a club right now.

:lol: Reading this thread makes me sad that D3 kinda sucks...but happy that it's wildly entertaining to read.

Call me a D3 noob but has anyone succesfully been able to use a sword as a Demon Hunter ?

I've been sticking to hand crossbows but I want to try a sword yet I am able to equip a sword but he doesnt attack when I click on an enemy - keeps saying I've equipped the wrong skill or something

:lol: Reading this thread makes me sad that D3 kinda sucks...but happy that it's wildly entertaining to read.

I will admit itemization is bad.

All they had to do was port the D2: LoD itemization over. Instead they went in a new direction that is just dumb. Uniques are now Legendaries which are horribly rare and worst stats than Rare items. Yea they can patch it to increase the drop rate or stats, however these items will never be on par to the standard of D2: LoD items like Shako, Occy, SoJ, Ormus, and hundreds of other items that I know by heart. I can't name a single weapon in D3. Its all randomly generated and there is no connection there.

Item Guides went from names of actual items to pure X, Y, Z stat on the item. I have no clue why the changed it to this, all their previous games had this system including WoW.

Edited by AZNguyen