BC2?

fmajor007

I'm wondering if my current system is going to handle BC2 - i know i'm late to the party, but picked it up recently and hoping i'm not gonna be hating b/c my rig is too slow...

Spec's in siggy.

thx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your rig is fine. I get ~40-50 fps playing BC2 on my rig on 1920x1200 @ Medium.

BFBC2 Recommended Specs

Processor: Quadcore

Main memory: 2GB

Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260

Graphics memory: 512MB

15GB of HDD space for digital version, 10GB of HDD space for disc version (BFBC2)

Edited by Krazyxazn

Yep.

For future reference: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ (or just google "Can you run it" or "Can I run it")

Basically a small plugin (it's harmless, nVidia even suggests it.) which reads your system specs and checks it against pretty much ANY game out there. It cross checks against "Suggested" and "Minimum" requirements, and even tells you if your drivers are out of date!

Edited by Locutus

Thx guys! I'm in the process of getting new HDD's (will replace as what is in my sig - mine were stolen). I was hoping i'd be able to get on w/o alotta lag, etc., b/c i can't be spending any more on the PC for awhile as i'm replacing stolen stuff. Sucks.

Your Rig should be MORE then enough. Might not have DX11, but if you upgraded your GPU you'd have an extremely solid build for the new Load of games coming out. Nothing else needs to be upgraded, and tbh the 285 is still an excellent card. :thumbsup:

Just like Locutus said, http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ is where you want to go, its even listed in my latest guide whats still a work in progress (Tips Tricks and Tweaks) :happy:

Yea, overclocking. I need to learn how to do this - i know there are tutorials for that here, but i've just gotta jump in and do it. In any event, i'll hopefully have my new HDD's in a couple weeks and i'll be back up and running thereafter.

I'll have alot of "work stuff" to knock out first, but thats what evenings are for!!! I'd like to SLI my GPU, but just don't see the physical space on my board.

THanks!

Yes you can handle that. You might be able to push High, I know my HD 4870 512mb is decent(lags at times) at 1920x1080 with medium. Just play around with a few settings, see which give you the best results. (Some settings on High and others on medium)

Oh dude....ya gotta hate an onsight A3 level IRS Audit!!!! Just kidding.... they can bring it!

Anyway, as to my stolen HDDs heres the story. I had taken my HDD's and all (*ALL*) software to store at my co-workers place (no, he's not into computers - can hardly use one tbh!!!) while i was back in the States. However, his house was broken into and among the stuff stolen (his PC, daughters laptop, etc) my stuff was also taken. Big, huge PITA.

So, i bought new HDD's (same as before) and Windows7 and it will arrive (hopefully) next week. Then, i'll be loading/installing and (hopefully) OC-ing my rig for some long-awaited BC2.

All the same, thanks for the heads up on whether my rig can manage BC2!