The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Wanna swap? I get your GTX590 you get my GTX 460? :evilgrin:

:lol:

Its so difficult to choose to get this game or not to. I have fun, but then I get bored/pissed after about an hour or so :/

I would say just wait a while to get it if you're still unsure. You can probably get it quite a bit cheaper some months down the road and it'll probably have a lot of bugs fixed.

That's what I plan to do, depending on if it were to come to steam or not, I probably won't be buying it if doesn't because it probably won't ever come down to my price range without steam's magical price dropping powers. :D It would be a miracle if that greedy EA ever got the price low enough for me.

I probably won't be buying it if doesn't because it probably won't ever come down to my price range without steam's magical price dropping powers. :D It would be a miracle if that greedy EA ever got the price low enough for me.

Having or not having a game on Steam has little to do with the price. Most games are usually cheaper on other online retailers than on Steam. A third of the time Steam prices are higher than other online retailers.

There were already $30-45 deals for BC2 within the first 2 months of release outside of Steam. If you haven't noticed EA does a lot of promo sales on their games. 25% off coupons and etc.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Having or not having a game on Steam has little to do with the price. Most games are usually cheaper on other online retailers than on Steam. A third of the time Steam prices are higher than other online retailers.

There were already $30-45 deals for BC2 within the first 2 months of release outside of Steam. If you haven't noticed EA does a lot of promo sales on their games. 25% off coupons and etc.

I wasn't saying Steam is the only one in the world that does sales, but usually EA sales are crappy and are 10%-25% off. Yes I've noticed the birthday coupon for EA right now but that's still more than I want to pay for this game. What I feel comfortable paying for this game is about $10.

I wasn't saying Steam is the only one in the world that does sales, but usually EA sales are crappy and are 10%-25% off. Yes I've noticed the birthday coupon for EA right now but that's still more than I want to pay for this game. What I feel comfortable paying for this game is about $10.

10-25% off is quite a lot for a sale on a brand new game. You're not going to get a triple AAA title game for $10 within a few months on any game no matter who the developer/publisher is. You can't even buy popular used console games for that price until at least a year.

What you're willing to pay doesn't in any way justify how good a sale is.

Edited by Krazyxazn

10-25% off is quite a lot for a sale on a brand new game. You're not going to get a triple AAA title game for $10 within a few months on any game no matter who the developer/publisher is. You can't even buy popular used console games for that price until at least a year.

What you're willing to pay doesn't in any way justify how good a sale is.

Seriously? How in the world did you even interpret what I said that way?

Let me piece it all together for you since you can't seem to do the math.

You can probably get it quite a bit cheaper some months down the road and it'll probably have a lot of bugs fixed. That's what I plan to do.

What I feel comfortable paying for this game is about $10.

Now if you take that information and use it together, it would tell you that I intend to wait until the game is $10 to purchase. I never gave an exact number of months when I expect that price to happen, it probably won't happen any time soon, I would guess in about 1.5-2 years a sale like that could happen.

When I said "some months" before, I meant any amount of months, but I used some months instead of several years because several years probably only applies to me, where as Krieg might want the game sooner than that so I said some months.

Justify? You make sales and video games sound like serious business or something, nobody can "justify" what is or isn't a good sale, but they can have an opinion on it, and my opinion is that EA sucks and doesn't have good sales.

I'm sure I sound like a bit of an butthole here but I can't help but feel like you're making this into a bigger issue than it is, and often times you tend to come off as condescending towards people so that really doesn't help at all. :wub:

What I feel comfortable paying for this game is about $10.

Hmm I see. To the person who said the above quote.. lets see you develop a game from scratch the way you should think it should be. After you create, develop, test the game, please release it.. and mention it over here.. If you think it is that easy to please everyone in the gaming community, I challenge you..

Everyone is complaining this game should be this way or that way.. Don't see anyone sitting down and creating their own game...

Edited by Gremlin

Wanna swap? I get your GTX590 you get my GTX 460? :evilgrin:

:lol:

Its so difficult to choose to get this game or not to. I have fun, but then I get bored/pissed after about an hour or so :/

No thanks lol.

Being that the game is beta aswell as the drivers, I expect it to be a lot better come launch time. I also expect them to be on patches fairly quick as well given the amount of interest in the game. I will say this though I find it to be a lot better then past BF games during beta. :)

Hmm I see. To the person who said the above quote.. lets see you develop a game from scratch the way you should think it should be. After you create, develop, test the game, please release it.. and mention it over here.. If you think it is that easy to please everyone in the gaming community, I challenge you..

Everyone is complaining this game should be this way or that way.. Don't see anyone sitting down and creating their own game...

Wow, cut the guy some slack. Value is perceived by the consumer, and every consumer is different in how they measure value. I can respect that dude will wait patiently for the game to come down in price, yet I justify paying $45 for it on Newegg because I perceive the value of getting this game on day 1 to be worth at least $45. If he wants to wait, more power to him.

Further, the fact that he has shown an ability to delay gratification until the market has agreed with his $10 value assessment signals to me that he is most likely better with his money than I am, and I accept that! :biggrin:

Seriously... the judgement that gets thrown around on here sometimes baffles me. Nerds unite! :cheers:

Edited to appear less interested in calling out specific cases of douchebaggery. Apologies.

Edited by cdoggown

I think I'd probably be willing to pay $50, but due to financial constraints, I'll need to wait until it's around $30. Or, I could put it on my christmas list...

Ok nevermind, now I get random green graphical glitches instead of white lines :yucky:

But I must say, the performance has gotten much better, I barely get any lag anymore in everything HIGH, 16x AF and I think 2x MSAA

Edited by Krieg1337

Wow, cut the guy some slack. Value is perceived by the consumer, and every consumer is different in how they measure value. I can respect that dude will wait patiently for the game to come down in price, yet I justify paying $45 for it on Newegg because I perceive the value of getting this game on day 1 to be worth at least $45. If he wants to wait, more power to him.

Further, the fact that he has shown an ability to delay gratification until the market has agreed with his $10 value assessment signals to me that he is most likely better with his money than I am, and I accept that! :biggrin:

Seriously... the judgement that gets thrown around on here sometimes baffles me. Nerds unite! :cheers:

Edited to appear less interested in calling out specific cases of douchebaggery. Apologies.

Sorry.. Just getting frustrated with everyone complaining.. we want this and we want that.. ....that is all..

playing the beta.. Dice has said basically what the beta is for.. not test to graphics.. but for stability.. but does everyone read that? no.. Graphics sux.. not fast enough. This game is like COD... bah..