The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

The Battlefield 3 Limited Edition includes Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge*

This themed expansion pack features four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements / trophies, and more. For those who don't pre-order to secure the limited edition, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion content will be available for purchase approximately one month after the game's release.

The listed features 64-player multiplayer is for the PC.

As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound?

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/02/04/battlefield-3-is-coming-preorder-now.aspx

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this release - even though Bad Company 2 felt a lot different from Battlefield 2, it didn't deviate in a bad way.

My major concern is that BF3 won't differ from BC2 enough to be BF3 and not BC3, but then again, more BC isn't really a bad thing.

Edited by tkrow21

The less BC2 it is the better. BC2 is no where close to the feel of BF2. It practically has nothing of BF2 other than vehicles (BC was too simplified for consoles).

Things like perks, regenerative health, no squad leader, smaller squads, no commander, 3D Spotting, and etc really changed how the game was played. The only real benefit I saw was being able to spawn on any squad member and sight attachments.

It seems consoles will get 24 Players based on some of the other product pages.

Edited by Krazyxazn

The less BC2 it is the better. BC2 is no where close to the feel of BF2. It practically has nothing of BF2 other than vehicles (BC was too simplified for consoles).

Things like perks, regenerative health, no squad leader, smaller squads, no commander, 3D Spotting, and etc really changed how the game was played. The only real benefit I saw was being able to spawn on any squad member and sight attachments.

It seems consoles will get 24 Players based on some of the other product pages.

I was referring to Frostbite and the recoil / shooting mechanics, not really the list of features.

So long as people die when they are supposed to in BF3, I'll be happy with it. So many times I would shoot someone in BF2 with the .50 cal sniper rifle and only have them keep on running until two or three more rounds went into them. Made no sense.. all the weapons were like that. Had to empty a clip and a half into someone with the assault rifles just to have them drop.

At least in Bad Company 1 and 2, people died accordingly. Shoot someone in a vital spot, they'd be dead. Shoot with the sniper rifle, they'd be dead.

So long as people die when they are supposed to in BF3, I'll be happy with it. So many times I would shoot someone in BF2 with the .50 cal sniper rifle and only have them keep on running until two or three more rounds went into them. Made no sense.. all the weapons were like that. Had to empty a clip and a half into someone with the assault rifles just to have them drop.

At least in Bad Company 1 and 2, people died accordingly. Shoot someone in a vital spot, they'd be dead. Shoot with the sniper rifle, they'd be dead.

I was under the impression that BF2 actually had the better netcode and registry?

you_mad.jpg

Aww but wake island was the worst map, Mashtuur City and Karkand were probably my most played. Really liked Songua Stalemate too

(of course in 1942, Wake Island was awesome since there was a useful navy. BF2 is retarded in that respect)

Wake Island is so awesome they remade it for every BF game except BC series :P

EDIT: Killing in BF2 seems normal ( at least it does now, don't remember how it was at launch ).

Blond3r

@Demize99 Will we see the return of an exclusive feature of #BF2SpecialForces? #BF3

Demize99

@Blond3r The focus of #BF3 isn't special forces... we'll leave that to MOH.

================

CowanVols Jc

@Demize99 I know this isn't part of your job, but what is ur opinion on Dropshotting and will that be a factor in #BF3 unlike it was in #BC2

Demize99

@CowanVols Dolphin Diving is out. Period. #BF3

================

becktionary

@Demize99 Please tell me extra effort is going into balancing jets. They broke the classic BF rock-paper-scissors balance in BF2.

Demize99

@becktionary Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time. #BF3

================

Blah BF3 could have been the first game to offer this. At least Red Orchestra 2 will have it. Snipers can look through their scope and use ironsights, since scopes weren't mounted in a way that intruded the use of ironsights.

DaEpicStorm

@Demize99 Heres a cool feature you guys could add: Hybrid Scopes! http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mission-1-combat-facts/710237

Demize99

@DaEpicStorm I want players to have to chose between CQB and Long Range, there won't be hybrid scopes because it kills that choice.

================

JoostPlas

@Demize99 Any comments on the knive and dogtags? #BF3

@Demize99

@JoostPlas There will be a knife, there will be dogtags. No details for now. #BF3

================

BF_Fan_UK

@demize99 @locust9 is there bullet drop in #bf3?

Demize99

@BF_Fan_UK Yes, there is bullet drop. Doesn't work the same as BC2 though, it's a much deeper system.

Edited by Krazyxazn